The Problem With Music

Farin

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like sweeping statements like that. At any given time in history, there has been a lot of bad music around, and a lot of people have been listening to bad music. At the same time, though, there is also good music from any given era. Sometimes you just have to look harder for it than others.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of today's music either, but to label it all as bad doesn't help you find the good stuff.

The problem with music today is that it totally sucks - and many people out there are unaware of this fact. It's hard to live in such a world. I feel like the one dude in Invasion From The Body Snatchers. Suddenly, everyone's been replaced by iPod people who listen to music that totally sucks.

Well i feel like the only person in the world who realizes that there is no such thing as bad music,there are only opinions! That's like saying "ugh i'm sick of everyone painting their house gray! That color sucks!" Do you realize how stupid that sounds? As much as music unifies us,i still can't believe most music fans can't respect each other's opinions.

My views on music is simple: if you like it then listen to it. If you don't like it then don't listen to it. How hard is that? My grandfather doesn't buy AC/DC cd's and complain the entire time about how it sux. He buys his old western stuff and enjoys it.

Every generation has their own style... just let it be.

Gray houses DO suck, though. They're a blight and the homeowners' association makes people change the awful gray colour to a more pleasing palate. I wasn't stating an opinion; that the music of today totally sucks is a fact. Analogy: McDonalds food is not exactly the best food in the world - that's a fact. If compared with real food, McDonalds food totally sucks - that's a fact. However, I can understand if all you eat is McDonalds and you cannot comprehend there is a wide range of good to bad food out there. Then, you wouldn't know any better - that would be a fact also (see Plato's "Allegory Of The Cave") :beatnik: