Worst concert ever.. and why?

evenslimmersladey

Aerosmith, late 70's, Madison Square Garden. Most of the concert sounded like an overblown bass amp, with a loud hum. Couldn't hear the guitar. Tyler's voice was shot and he couldn't hit any of his higher range notes...I walked out....and for me to walk out..it must have been bad....I always hang in until the end.

I remember some... King Crimson live for 3 hours... :stars: I don´t know hat the trouble was but the sound was terrible and half of the audiene left before they were over.

Roxy Music were bored on stage once and they gave a poor concert.

James Brown was so stoned or drunk he only sowed up some 10 minutes, saying "Hey" and almost falling on the floor :laughing: The band kept on playing for more than an hour, without him...

I saw the Cars in the late 1970's. They looked so bored and gave a really poor show.

I saw George Harrison in his Dark Horse tour and his voice was just shot. It was more disapointing than bad.

I've seen Dylan more than any other artist. Sometimes he is great and sometimes he's not.

I could never understand what James was saying... even when he said;

Hey!!!

The worst concert that I saw was back in '72.

Aerosmith was headlining and some dumbnut threw a bottle and hit lead guitarist Joe Perry in the face.

Needless to say, they walked off stage...can't say as I blame them.

But, they were sounding good, very good, I might add.

Kinda like the stupid sucker with the flare gun back at the Deep Purple concert . . .

The worst concert that I saw was back in '72.

Aerosmith was headlining and some dumbnut threw a bottle and hit lead guitarist Joe Perry in the face.

Needless to say, they walked off stage...can't say as I blame them.

But, they were sounding good, very good, I might add.

Once we went to see Lou Reed and when he was playing his fifth song, "Coney Island Baby", some idiot threw a bottle on stage too... :P :P Lou Reed just walked away and left.

But the audience went crazy and there was a real riot. The police came and it was a sort of battlefield for a couple of hours.

Funny thing, I was with a couple of Hollywood stars that were shooting a movie in Madrid. One of them had his nephew among the crowd and was asking politely the policemen about is nephew. Nobody recognized him, everybody was too busy fighting... :P :P

The most infamous bottle throwing incident caught on vinyl and saved for posterity was on Metallic KO...the final concert of Iggy and the Stooges (first time around anyway). Took place in Detroit and as Iggy is droning on about something you hear a bottle crash on stage. Then the band leaves and all you hear is the humming from the amps. He returns and suggests the crowd deserves a 25 minute "Louie Louie". The band does a much shorter ripping rendition and Iggy says " I'd like to thank the person who threw that glass bottle and nearly killed me, but you missed so keep trying next week". The last thing you hear is Iggy kicking the broken glass....rock and roll.

• 1 month later...

Debbie Harry at Hammersmith in 1995 or so. Tried to do some torch songs and sounded either bored or wasted. Half full, and some guy was jerking himself off in the seats in front of me. Needless to say I left very soon into the show...

This was my husband's worst concert...it was in the late 70's in Edmonton. Alice Cooper was the main act and Suzi Quattro was the opening one. After she finished, AC's band played Welcome To My Nightmare for what seemed like 20 minutes. Alice Cooper comes out and he has a huge bandage as big as a towel wrapped around his head, turban-like. He lasted one song before calling it quits. He was in Vancouver the previous night and had fallen off the stage and bashed his head.

When you say Edmonton, you must be talking Canada right?

The most exciting thing ever to happen (musically) in Edmonton in London where I was born was a visit by Elton John in 1973. Nowadays musical entertainment in the town can be best summed up by the tramp who sings outside Edmonton Green station :(

Yes, Neil, I mean Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. He lived there for about 5-6 years in the 70's. It was a large enough center that the bigger groups played there. He also saw Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp and The Hollies during that time. Is Edmonton a suburb of London? I've never heard of it in any other context than as a place in Canada...

• 2 weeks later...

Worst concert I ever went to was 13 years ago, Rancid's opening act L7's lead singer pulled out a tampon she was using from in between her legs & threw it into the mosh-pit. I was crowd-surfing & it hit me in the forehead. I had blood running down my face.