The Songfactor's Choice Centenary Top Ten #100

OLD 55

BIGGER THAN BEN HUR...

Ben%20Hur.jpg

MORE PASSIONATE (ABOUT MUSIC ANYWAY) THAN GONE WITH THE WIND...

Gone-With-The-Wind-Posters.jpg

AND STILL AFLOAT AFTER ALMOST 2 YEARS. :)

titanic.jpg

I'm honored to have been asked by Lucky and The Team to open our Centenary Top Ten. Let me first thank them profusely for the wonderful job all involved have done. And of course, everyone who turns up to nominate and vote each week. There wouldn't be a Top Ten without you.

We also thank Carl for his support and for making the Top Ten a featured Forum on Songfacts. Also all of those innovative people who have come up with so many ideas for the many Threads under the Top Ten umbrella which certainly enhance the basic Top Ten.

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Top Ten has reached this milestone. Who would have believed it would last this long when we first proposed the idea in March 2006 ? I think this quote by Lucky sums it all up. I can't say it any better !

"The Top Ten has been a continually running thread for 2 years now, nothing has ever been deleted from that forum, it is fully archived and documented. We have approximately 50 nominations weekly, give or take a few. The majority of participants are the same longstanding members of SF. What else represents the Songfactors choice in music better? Think about it, there will be 1000 songs represented on our list."

Here's a Link to the Very First Top Ten..... There's some interesting reading.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sf100.jpg

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE CENTENARY TOP TEN #100! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our Top Ten is! :)

THE RULES ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT THIS WEEK !!!

*You may nominate ONE song that hasn't made the Ten before, but the OTHER must be by an Artist/Group who have never previously made the Ten! Please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.,

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations List and post them here. Points are allotted, 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them. What could be simpler? :)

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

P.S.

Sorry for the delay. I couldn't get back into the Boards for 2+ hours.

:headphones:

Dang kid. I'm usually first and he beat me. But I can't be mad because he nominated Hot for Teacher. :rockon:

I'm nominating songs from my two personalites here on the boards--

Alison ~Elvis Costello~1978

The video quality is lacking, but this purports to be Mr. Costello's first television performance.

New York, New York~Ryan Adams~2001

Edited by Guest
Changed Nomination

Nice job, Old fif'! Now, Let's get this party started!! Happy #100!! :coolio:

I don't know about anyone else, but this top ten thing has become quite a habit for me. I listen to radio, or a cd, or hear a song in passing in the store, or a snippet in a movie, and think "has this been done yet?" I even have a list in the car. Does anyone else do that? 100 tens, 1000 songs.... and I still do it, every week. ;)

I haven't got my nominations quite figured out yet for THIS week, though! :P:D

I don't know about anyone else, but this top ten thing has become quite a habit for me. I listen to radio, or a cd, or hear a song in passing in the store, or a snippet in a movie, and think "has this been done yet?" I even have a list in the car. Does anyone else do that? 100 tens, 1000 songs.... and I still do it, every week. ;)

OMG yes!....I do that too! :P

I looked at my old Lista for the first time in a while today. Trouble is, when I come to nominate I always change my mind and put something I heard on the radio that morning. I might change my second nomination today yet. I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

;)

for the Top Ten #100 I decided to be quite selfish:

I'm going to nominate two of my absolute favourite songs that (almost) nobody ever heard (of) ;) :grin:

Mosquito Song ~ Queens of the Stone Age (2002) Video MP3

if you know the band, but not the song, I dare to predict that you'll be in for quite a surprise ;)

it's really different... in a good way :)

All Those Yesterdays ~ Pearl Jam (1998) Video MP3

(minimize the video please)

it starts slow and just gets better and better :rockon:

what are you running from?

taking pills to get along

creating walls to call your own

so noone catches you drifting off

and doing all the things that

we all do...

PS the song only goes for about 4 minutes, after that follows "Hummus", a Hidden Track from that album (complete in the mp3, a few seconds in the video)

WOW, the 100th Top Ten !! Onya 55! - Congrats ! good intro too.

Happy #100 everybody !

Am gonna stick with my oldies as usual :

The Candy Man - Sammy Davis Jr.

Do What You Do, Do Well - Ned Miller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GdOpGiYKc