Oreo Candy Bites Commercial!

Wyndolyn

Ok... Third post in a row! :D

There's this awesome song on the new Oreo Candy Bites commercial, but I have no idea who sings it or what it's called.

For the last week, I've been searching high and low for an answer, but no one seems to know it! Though, it has been posited that it could be by the lady singer of Forever Thursday.

I have a link to the sample of the music--and, I'll post it, but I hope that's not against the rules. If so, I'm sorry!

http://paperlined.org/tmp/CandyHouseSecretDoor.mp3

Also, here are the lyrics:

In a candy house, with a secret door..

There's a magic world that I've dreamt before.

A little girl place is where I'll be,

On a star-lined street, with a big tall tree.

... Candy ...

Thanks, in advance!

Ever so,

Wyn

Oh, foo.

I wrote to them, as you already know... But, I've gotten no response. Also, I'm not even sure if I got it to the right place. It was difficult to find a place that allowed me to email them. I ended up doing it through an online form thingie, so it could be just tossed aside, since it's not really a pertinent question.

Also, I hope this song wasn't just written for the commercial--the commercial doesn't really have anything to do with the lyrics, either. Unfortunately, I've yet to find where someone's put up a video of the commercial, so I can't show that.

Thanks, though!

-crosses her fingers- Maybe someone will recognize it. :)

Ever so,

Wyn

Just so everyone knows... Kraft, apparently, is useless when it comes to aiding their consumers with their questions about their advertisements.

Here's the response I eventually received:

Hi Wyn,

Thank you for visiting http://www.kraftfoods.com/.

I appreciate your interest in our advertising. Ad development is a multi-step process. Our Marketing Managers select an advertising agency to actually create the advertisement. Our advertising agencies are chosen based on their capabilities and experience, as well as fitting the needs of our products and businesses. The ad agencies we employ select talent agents to hire actors/actresses for our commercials. This process takes months of advanced planning to determine how to best reach our audience whether it's via print ads, T.V. or radio.

If you have specific questions about information in our ads: the name of a jingle, how to obtain a prop used in the ad, the name of an actor appearing in our ad; we most likely do not have that information available. We'd like to be able to satisfy all these inquiries, but the sheer number of advertisements we produce in any year prevents us from doing so.

I'm pleased to hear that you're enjoying the advertisements we create and I will share your comments with our Marketing team.

Thank you for contacting us and please add our site to your favorites and visit us again soon!

Kim McMiller

Associate Director, Consumer Relations

~~TLXEA_16675769~~N

Helpful; wasn't it?

Geesh, they took the time to write all that, and didn't have time to answer your question?....

I know! It's ridiculous! I told them so, in the reply that I wrote--that was none too nice, though politely worded.

They could have told you what the Agency was and what´s their phone number or so... :thumbsdown:

Exactly! I seem to recall mentioning--in my reply--how their "consumer service" was lacking, as they couldn't go to the effort of giving me any really helpful information.

Write them back and say you're with the CLIO organization, and you'd like to recognize the ad agency that created the spot. Bet you'd get what you needed then.

I doubt that would work, since I'm not even sure how I'd pose as someone from CLIO. If anyone else could do it convincingly, that'd be awesome. ;)

DraftFCB New York seems to do a lot of Oreo stuff, but I don't know if they did the ad you are looking for.

Hmm. Perhaps I can try contacting them to see if they did this particular commercial. It couldn't hurt, anyway! Thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. That said, any help you would like to offer would also be greatly appreciated. :)

Ever so,

Wyn

AWESOME!

Thank you so much!

The funny thing is, someone else had supposed it was Forever Thursday on one of the yahoo answers page. When I wrote to Nabisco/Kraft for verification, I asked if it was by Melanie Horsnell of Forever Thursday and, well, you saw the response. Heh.

Now, I'm wondering if that's the entirety of the song and, if not, where I can download the full thing.

If anyone can find that, I'd be on top of the world!

Ever so,

Wyn

• 4 weeks later...