Girly Songs

Wyndolyn

Hi!

I know I just posted for something else, but this is a very different sort of question. Hope that's ok!

I'm also looking for songs and/or bands/groups/musicians/etc...that have very girly lyrics and a sort of 'little girl' very fairytale, dreamy and/or poppy feel.

A possible band comparison could be The Raveonettes, possibly.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks,

Wyn

I agree! Aqua is cool, but... I -hate- that deep guy voice: "COME ON, BARBIE, LET'S GO PARTY."

Are there, maybe, a couple of songs by Aqua that don't feature him?

Also: awesome! Because, there's another song I heard on a commercial that no one, so far, seems to recognize... So, I thought I'd post it, here, too. Can't hurt; right? :D

Thanks,

Wyn

I'm not really looking for music that could be considered mainstream pop, I suppose. I'm looking for things more along the lines of "I Enjoy Being a Girl" by Rodgers and Hammerstein or "Candy Kisses" by Amanda Perez.

They're very cute and girly, but not necessarily what you'd hear on the radio.

I agree with Joe whole heartedly and Joe, GREAT call on "Because I'm a Blonde."

Absolutely go to 60s girls groups-The Angels, The Shirelles, The Crystals, The Chiffons, The Shangri-la's, The Marvellettes, The Supremes, and many many more.

Check out 60s girls singers Cass Elliot, Miss Dionne Warwick, Nancy Sinatra, Lulu, Petula Clark, Sandie Shaw, Fontella Bass, Claudine Longet and the honorable, the ulitimate girl singer Dusty Springfield.

If you like songs in French you CANNOT go wrong with some Ye Ye Girl style-Sylvie Vartan, France Gall, and my icon Francoise Hardy.

If you want more modern stuff April March has a throwback 60s style with a modern sound, and The Donnas mix punk and girl group sensibility.

There's always 70s song birds Carole King, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, and Linda Rondstadt.

And you should never ignore rock chicks Deborah Harry of Blondie and Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders, and Joan Jett of her solo career and The Runaways. And the Go Go's.

I really could go on and on. and on. I'll stop. I love girly music!

First song that came to mind was "Wuthering Heights" :rockon:

It has:

1. High-pitched, "girly" vocals.

2. Interpretive dance/pirouettes whilst wearing a white flowy dress.

3. Based on the Emily Bronte novel of the same name, which is required reading for anyone with XX chromosomes :cool:

That guitar riff (from Pilot guitarist) at the end of the song is totally killer. I think it's what sold me into really liking the song :beatnik:

Thank you for all the responses!

I'm checking into quite a few of these and already had some of the ones mentioned.

Unfortunately, Big Rock Candy Mountain is actually a hobo ballad. The original version talks about 'cigarette trees,' 'streams of alcohol,' 'lake of gin' and a 'lake of whiskey.' -laugh-

I love that song, actually--it's just not fitting for the soundtrack I'm compiling.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Ever so,

Wyn