Songs used by political candidates

Carl

What do the songs that candidates use at their campaign events say about them? I'd like to find out, so I'm going to see if the campaigns will tell me what songs are of particular interest to their candidates.

Do any of you know what songs they've been using on the campaign trail? I believe Hillary has been using "American Girl."

What do we think of these songs, and what songs would be appropriate?

:elvis:

I feel candidates using songs is fine as long as the artist is cool with them using the song, and most times the artist is backing that canidate. Does it make me any more impressed with the candidate? God no! They have a campaign song, so what...concentrate on the issues at hand please, your pick of song shouldn't get you more votes. And the song should fit the candidate. And if Hillary is using American Girl, oh please stop!! Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" would be a better fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I wondered how long it would take them to usurp Heart's Barracuda as a theme for VP candidate Sarah Palin (that is her nickname).

See related news

And the song was blasting during the balloon drop celebration at tonight's Republican convention finale.

I noted for the partying at the Democratic convention they were playing The Trammps' Disco Inferno. A rousing upbeat tune, to be sure, but does the "Burn, Baby, Burn" chorus carry the ideal image?