Top Ten 100 celebration

Farin

Hi all :)

In case some of you hadn't noticed yet (is that even possible? ;) ) we're going to have the 100th Top Ten very soon :)

:rockon: :rockon:

Now the question is: How do we celebrate this great event? :drummer:

and the Top Ten Team decided... that we're leaving the decision to you! Since YOU were and are the ones that made all of this possible! (clever, huh? :grin: )

Now I'm going to give you four possible "Special TT100 Rules" and a Poll that will stay open for the whole week, at the end we'll see what the people decided :)

Possible additional Rules:

1. You may not nominate any artist that has been in the Top Ten before (Click Here)

2. Same as above, but the rule only counts for one nomination, the other is completely free to choose, old or new

3. You may not nominate any artist that has more than two songs in the Top Ten (this list would be considerably shorter than the one from 1.)

4. Something completely different - Give us your suggestions :)

The Poll will start once there have been some suggestions for #4 (or if everybody likes one of the first three) ;)

Discuss away Now!!

:headphones:

I think we should throw a huge party, with a DJ who can ONLY play songs that have already made the Top Ten. If he plays something other that those, he gets hit in the knees with a bamboo cane once from everybody at the party.

Anybody care to be the DJ? Kevey? Anyone?

Okay then, I can live with the rules you guys make up.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup:

Just to give us a #4 for consideration....how about if we don't nominate for the Top 10 Number 100. Instead, we take all the songs that came in #11 (and maybe #12) from the previous 99 polls. If a #11 or #12 subsequently made it into the Top Ten, it obviously isn't on the list for the Top 10 Number 100.

I don't know if you remember, but we already did something like that as a Special Ten... :)

the list itself would consist of roughly 200 songs minus the ones that did make it in a TT (or are in it twice), so I would guess (without research) about 150-160 songs...

I wonder if we can meet everyone's taste...

Now, I'm not saying that it's not possible to make it, we will if you decide for it, but just keep that in mind... :)

PS keep also in mind that with TT #100 it's time for another Ultimate Top Ten - I know that's something else, but it does share similarities ;) :)

I picked option 2, but I wouldn't mind something completely different... If anyone has any ideas. We could do something like all #11s and all songs with least points since TT#50.

It may not be the best idea, but it's a start!

Maybe I should've picked option 4...

the difficulty for us is to make a special Top Ten without making it a "Special Top Ten", you know? ;)

In the past, when we've reached milestones, we've sort of had a no holds barred blowout. We challenged everyone to give us their best songs, without any other restrictions. Those songs, of course, ended up being mostly those same big artists. We didn't want this to be a Special Ten, or restrictive, just to be memorable in some way. Offer everyone the chance, if they want, to get some new blood into the ten, in some way maybe. We talked about it for a while, and decided that WE couldn't decide. It's nice to see we weren't alone! ;)