Up-and-coming indie bands for interview

Shawna

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really enjoying THE BROKEN FAMILY BAND recently.

B-F, thank you for this! These guys are fabulous! I went in and listened to all the songs you posted (finally!) and sent them a request for interview. One of the links on their contact page is dead, so I sent my request to another, and hopefully will hear back soon. This would be a fun one. :)

so you are 8 hours ahead of me... that gives me a good clue. At least I know I won't have to wake up at 1 a.m. to catch him by 11 a.m. or so. That's a relief. :grin: These artistic types always seem to want to talk to me around noon their time. :crazy:

BF, you'll be happy to know that Steve got back to me and says "Never turn down an interview, it saves money on therapy." :)

So we're arranging something for next week. I have to figure out time zones...

Great news!!!

Do you need any help finding stuff to ask them about or do you usually manage that sort of thing on your own?

If you have any questions about their songs, I'm happy to take requests! :) It's typically well received when I tell an artist I've polled their fans and then ask questions directly from the fans.

But keep the questions about the songs... nothing personal. Sometimes personal stuff comes up, but that's not what this site is about...

• 1 month later...

BF, you'll be happy to know that Steve got back to me and says "Never turn down an interview, it saves money on therapy." :)

So we're arranging something for next week. I have to figure out time zones...

Shawna, has this interview happened? Just wondering ....

Not yet! He sent me that e-mail, then I sent him a couple more to try and pin him down, and I never heard back. I'll give it another little while and then try again. I believe they were going into the studio to record another album...

• 2 months later...

Sia Furler--"Breathe Me" and a few others have received recognition. She participates on her website (siamusic.net)

Also Stephanie's Id (as mentioned in a previous thread about the song "Cold Cold"). I'd guess hitting them up on their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/stephaniesid.