A very "Eagles" Christmas

blue_n_white

I was lucky to recieve many great gifts this Christmas but the best without question was a copy of the Eagles "Long Road Out Of Eden" deluxe collectors edition CD. This amazing group sounds the same or even better than they did back in their heyday of the 1970's. I know there has been some discussion of this CD on here and it has been out a few months,but for Eagles lovers this CD is a must have. The hamonies,musicanship and song writting is outstanding. I know there has been some debate on here about where the Eagles place in music history belongs but in my opinion there have been few groups that match their talent. Simply put,they are a great band.

It will be worth the purchase Jill!

From what Blue & White describes, it sounds like it. I'm skeptical about what is supposed to be great stuff as opposed to hype. Usually I have to just stumble upon something to like it, i.e "Love Is a Losing Game" by Amy Winehouse (as in hype is actually well-deserved). The description of the Eagles album you all give definitely makes me take notice and I'm actually very curious to give it a good listen!

No, IMO it's not all hype....It's really amazing that after all these years the group still has the great harmony, and lyrics they've always had....to come out with a new album with all new songs that are very good I might add, is awesome....a must have album I must say.... :thumbsup:

I still haven't heard it, and I want to. I was scared off by the hype as well, but with a couple of opinions by people whose taste I respect.... I've decided I'd really like to get my hands on it. Now, as Jill says, that's going to mean actually going out and buying it. That's the tough part, for me! :)

Lucky, if I can do it, you can do it!

Today I went to my local independent music store and was reminded why I should get out and physically browse more often.

I got Long Road Out of Eden. In order for my local independent store to get it (since the only official seller is Wal-Mart) they had to get it from overseas! So the CD went overseas to either Argentina, Chile or Uraguay, and came back to the U.S. for purchase. =:P

I can't wait to give it a few listens!

Lucky, if I can do it, you can do it!

Today I went to my local independent music store and was reminded why I should get out and physically browse more often.

I got Long Road Out of Eden. In order for my local independent store to get it (since the only official seller is Wal-Mart) they had to get it from overseas! So the CD went overseas to either Argentina, Chile or Uraguay, and came back to the U.S. for purchase. =:P

I can't wait to give it a few listens!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you do. :)