Badfinger- Day After Day

taxheel

Can someone tell me if the lead of this song was sung by two different members of the band? The lead sung in the Kevin Garnet\Boston Celtic commercial sounds like a much different voice than the re-recorded (by original artist) version I downloaded from i-tunes. Thanks!

And Rod Stewart did a cover of this song also...there may be others also....

I know there's a little known version of that song by Mig Ayesa, a piece of it streams at his official website. That might be it, but I really don't know because I haven't seen the commercial you mentioned.

Thanks for the information, Laurie. If you go to You Tube and search, "Kevin Garnett Day After Day", you can watch the commercial. The video clip (and commercial) only lasts one minute so it won't take you too long.

The commercial is a play on the words in the song. The Celtics have been waiting so long for a player like KG to come to them and it shows everyday people's reaction to his press conference announcing his arrival in Boston. It is really cool but the song and the words they use make the commercial.

I just think it sounds completely different than the version I downloaded (which was described as a re-recording by the original artist) from a Greatest Hits compilation, I belive. Check out the commercial and compare it to the album version and tell me if you think I am crazy.

Thanks, again!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That's a great commercial, I like it alot!....and as for the song...I think it sounds like Pete Ham to me....Does the re-recording that you have sound like the album version?

Maybe a few other Songfactors can check it out, and see what they think...If I can get ahold of my other Badfinger consultant (an ex co-worker) I'll ask him also....

I'll post the link for ya...so the others can listen...

Click Here

Maybe it's the version I downloaded from ITunes. It is from an album titled, "Best of the 70s (Original Artist Re-Recording)". iTunes lets you listen to a 30 second sample of the song if you have iTunes access. Take a listen to that and compare to the commercial. I'll let it drop after you do (if you can). Sorry to be a pain. Was just disappointed in the iTunes version. I didn't think it sounded real good compared to the commercial- maybe it's my ears!

Jeff

Okay, I'll give that a try...I recieved a 4 cd set of the 70's for Christmas...it has Day After Day on it plus a few more Badfinger tunes....And I noticed the other songs on the cd don't sound like the original versions...but it is by the original artist...sometimes those re-recordings just aren't the same.....I'm not familiar with itunes...do you have the site I can go to...or post the link maybe?

Edited by Guest

I'm not a Badfinger expert, but I am sort of a 70's expert. That commercial sounds exactly like the orginal version to me. In other words Pete Ham as lead singer. Sounds like the problem may lie in the rerecording part of your question. Try to get your hands on a copy of the original recording (maybe they have a remestered version, which is not the same as a re-recording).

• 2 months later...

Re-recordings by the original artist are just that... the song was redone in the studio by the original artists. I have a CD by Roy Orbison that is such. It sucks.

The Kevin Garnett commercial uses the original recording.