Top 10 Musical Geniuses

RonJonSurfer

Eno should be there... :bow:

I spent several hours this past weekend educating my younger son to the joy that is Brian Eno. I agree he should be on the list....that's why this game works....somebody put him on and take somebody else off. Somebody add Bjork back if that makes you happy....it's a list in progress. You can play as many times as you want...

1. Stevie Wonder

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. Neil Young

4. Elton John & Bernie Taupin

5. Bob Dylan

6. The Beatles

7. Bowie

8. Muddy Waters

9. Ray Charles

10. Sam Cooke

I'm going to make Laurie very happy with my inclusion of Neil Young on this list.

Mr. Neil Young is a multi-talented singer/songwriter and a multi-instrumentalist. He has been successful as a member of two supergroups (Buffalo Springfield and CSNY) and was, arguably, the most creative and prolific member of each group. He has also achieved critical and commercial success as a solo artist. He has influenced many other artists and is considered by some to be the "Godfather of grunge". He has even tried his hand at directing films and along with John Mellencamp and Willie Nelson he has successfully organized several Farm Aid concerts.

As to why I removed David Byrne from the list, I have always thought the Talking Heads are vastly overrated.