Looking For a Video - Kenny G's World Record

babyteen

Hello There, all you fellow Songfacts Members.

I was wondering, does anybody know where I could find a video clip, or an audio clip of some sort, of the event where Kenny G broke a world record by holding the longest sustained musical note on a wind instrument? I'd like to hear the full version of when he held that E-flat note on his saxophone, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was his soprano saxophone? Anyway, from what I've read, he held that note for an amazing 45 minutes and 47 seconds. I haven't had the chance to hear the full event in its entirety, as the following video that I found only has part of that event. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=9271965

Maybe some news organization or Saxophone manufacturer captured it. That kind of feat is waay too long for most folks' attention span. (Quick! Amy Winehouse is in the slammer! Lookit! Britney's sister is preggers! etc.) :beatnik:

Surely if I can sit through a Big Band Jazz Band and Smooth Jazz Concert for three hours, then I could surely sit and listen to a sustained musical note for 45 minutes! I don't mind! However, if it was me who tried to play a note on a wind instrument for 45 minutes, I'd probably pass out about halfway there! By the way, what's "Preggers"? Is it some kind of silly phrase somebody came up with? Is it a fancy name for some kind of spaghetti sauce?

I was wondering, does anybody know where I could find a video clip, or an audio clip of some sort, of the event where Kenny G broke a world record by holding the longest sustained musical note on a wind instrument?

Try the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. Ha-ha.....nah, I'm just kidding. Try the trash dumpster behind your local Wal-Mart.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

A Google! search, "Kenny G's longest note" yielded this result: http://www.laundryday.com/words/articles/article3.htm

A little patience and checking may yet yield a demonstration of circular breathing that Australian Aborigines practice for marathon Digeridoo sessions. :beatnik:

Still, getting the right text string to produce useful results on these search engines can be tricky. :stars:

granted, apart from that article I couldn't find a mention for that CD anywhere...

but I found an interesting fact about it:

Friday September 4 1998 10:35 AM EDT

Musician blows longest musical note

SAN JOSE, Costa Rica (Reuters) - Step aside Kenny G, here comes Geovanny

Escalante.

Escalante, 24, broke the American pop star's world record for blowing a

single musical note into a saxophone by lasting 1 hour, 30

minutes and 45 seconds, according to the young musician and media reports.

Escalante told Reuters he was able to hold the note after months of

practicing a technique that allows him to blow and breathe at the

same time.

''Applause, hugs and cheers were all part of the celebration in the Cave's

Barracks, the local bar where Escalante nearly doubled the

previous record, at 45 minutes and 47 seconds set by Kenny G,'' La Nacion,

Costa Rica's leading newspaper, said on Thursday.

Two lawyers, two notary publics, Escalante's parents and a crowd of bar

regulars were on hand for the feat, the newspaper said,

adding they would send a videotape of the event to Guinness Records in London

next week.

maybe his record was broken before he even released the album? that could be a reason... either way, the CD/DVD "Long Winded" doesn't seem to exist... :P