Jamie Lynn Spears Says She's Pregnant

Mike

Dec. 18, 2007, 8:29 PM EST

The Associated Press

Another Spears baby is reportedly on the way — and it's not Britney's.

Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star and sister of Britney, tells OK! magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her longtime boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she says. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

Spears is 12 weeks along and initially kept the news to herself when she learned of the pregnancy from an at-home test and subsequent doctor visit, she told the celebrity magazine, which hits stands in New York on Wednesday and the rest of the country by Friday.

Jamie Lynn Spears'Zoey 101'Jamie Lynn and Britney"As soon as I found out for sure from the doctor, I took two weeks to myself where I didn't tell anybody," she says. "Only one of my friends knew because I needed to work out what I would do for myself before I let anyone's opinion affect my decision. Then I told my parents and my friends. I was scared, but I had to do what was right for me."

Spears broke the news to her mother, Lynne, just before Thanksgiving, the magazine says.

"She was very upset because it wasn't what she expected at all," Spears says. "A week after, she had time to cope with it and became very supportive."

Lynne Spears, already grandmother to Britney's young sons, says: "I didn't believe it because Jamie Lynn's always been so conscientious.

She's never late for her curfew. I was in shock. I mean, this is my 16-year-old baby."

She says her actress daughter, the telegenic heroine of the popular Nickelodeon series "Zoey 101," has known Aldridge for years and began dating him in high school.

Jamie Lynn plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana — "so it can have a normal family life."

The third season of "Zoey 101" wraps up Jan. 4.

"I haven't spoken to (Nickelodeon) personally, but they have always been so great to me over the past years and have given me so many opportunities."

What message does she want to send to other teens about premarital sex?

"I definitely don't think it's something you should do; it's better to wait," she says. "But I can't be judgmental because it's a position I put myself in."

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

This is my favorite part of the story...

"It was a shock for both of us, so unexpected," she says. "I was in complete and total shock and so was he."

"Who woulda thunkded that all the unprotected sex we were having would turn out this way?"

Is there any doubt this is Britney Spears sister?

Ay Carumba!

I have an amazingly high tolerance for idiotic celebrities and the desire people have to read about them. I am guilty of posting stories right here that feed that frenzy. But I've had it with the Spears family. They are such morons that I can't stand it. Right place, right time and Brit made millions. If the timing was different, she would prove to be basically unemployable.

Everything I know about that family exudes stupidity (the story that follows is just more proof)....they do know how to keep the money machine grinding away and I can't say i blame them...because, that machine will squeak to a halt someday...so...here is the last Spears story I will personally post..Thanks Mom!!!

Lynne Spears' book delayed indefinitely By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Lynne Spears' book about parenting has been delayed indefinitely, her publisher said Wednesday.

Lindsey Nobles, a spokeswoman for Christian book publisher Thomas Nelson Inc., said Wednesday that the memoir by the mother of Britney Spears was put on hold last week. She declined to comment on whether the delay was connected to the revelation that Spears' 16-year-old daughter, Jamie Lynn, is pregnant.

"I can tell you that we are standing behind Lynne and supporting her decision to be with her family at this time," Nobles told The Associated Press.

"Pop Culture Mom: A Real Story of Fame and Family in a Tabloid World" was initially scheduled for release May 11, Mother's Day. Spears, the mother of three children with ex-husband Jamie Spears, had been working with a Michigan-based freelancer since March on the memoir chronicling Spears' experiences raising a family in the public eye.

Jamie Lynn Spears, star of Nickelodeon's "Zoey 101" and sister of Britney, told OK! magazine in its new issue that she's expecting her first child and the father is boyfriend Casey Aldridge.

Nobles and representatives for Britney Spears said they did not know how Lynne Spears could be reached for comment about the status of her book.

___

On the Net:

OK! magazine: http://www.ok-magazine.com/

Jamie Lynn Spears: http://www.jamielynnspears.com/

Britney Spears: http://www.britneyspears.com/

JACKSON, Miss. — He's a 19-year-old pipe layer; a deer-hunting, dirt-bike-riding former high school class president who still lives in his tiny Mississippi hometown. So why are the paparazzi hot on his trail?

Because Casey Aldridge is an expectant father — and the mother is 16-year-old Jamie Lynn Spears.

And to hear Aldridge's uncle tell it, the daddy-to-be isn't quite ready to join Spears — the star of "Zoey 101" and the sister of pop star Britney Spears — in the spotlight.

"I don't think they are ready yet to sit down and talk to the media," Odus Jackson, a pastor in Gloster, Miss., told The Associated Press by telephone Thursday. "They haven't gotten their heads together yet."

Jackson said media were already swarming the southern Mississippi town — with a population of 1,073 at last census count — in search of Aldridge, not even 48 hours after the news came that Spears told OK! celebrity magazine about the pregnancy. She said she plans to raise the baby in her home state of Louisiana.

Jackson, 71, said Aldridge left before camera crews descended Wednesday and was going into hiding. Jackson said he spoke briefly with his nephew, who also lives in Gloster but was often out of town for work.

"He doesn't want to say the wrong thing to the media," Jackson said. "At the right time he will speak."

It's unclear how Aldridge and the younger Spears met or where they spent time together.

Jackson said his nephew briefly attended a junior college in Mississippi but now works for a pipe-laying company in Baton Rouge, La. He attended school at Amite School Center in nearby Liberty, Miss., where he played football and baseball, principal Dan Brewer said.

Brewer, who was not principal when Aldridge graduated last year, said the teen went to school with his daughter and has visited his home. Aldridge was class president, and was honored by his senior classmates as "campus favorite" and "most versatile."

"He was just a super dude," Brewer said.

Jackson said Aldridge enjoys deer hunting and rode dirt bikes. His parents, Joyce and Mark, currently live in Tennessee.

"He is a quiet guy," Jackson said. "That is why it is going to be very difficult to corner him until everybody is ready to talk together on the same page. He doesn't like the limelight. He is going to hide as much as he can."

Jackson denied reports that his nephew and Spears, who was a guest at Jackson's home this past Thanksgiving, were no longer together.

"I think they are going to try to stay together," he said. "They certainly don't want to part."

Jackson said Aldridge has told family members that "he wants to go ahead and get married as soon as possible." Jackson added that the two do not want to "rush into it."

Fox New Copyright© 2007

Why can't the press just leave them alone? I thought we lived in a "civilization". All evidence to the contrary.

Jamie Lynn Spears, the 16-year-old "Zoey 101" star and sister of Britney, tells OK! magazine that she's pregnant and that the father is her longtime boyfriend, Casey Aldridge.

She's 16 fachrissakes. How 'long' can that longterm relationship be? I bet I have a package of Mrs. Paul's Fishsticks in my freezer older than that relationship.... I saw somewhere recently (CNN?) "How to tell your children about Jamie Lynn Spears......" and I thought, uh, how about, "She's a skank, and pass the fishsticks, thanks."

Ken.

Wow.

Saturday, 22 December, 2007

Lynne Spears, Britney Spears' mother, will publish her book on parenting despite her teenage daughter becoming pregnant recently.

Lynne's 16-year old daughter Jamie-Lynn recently announced she was 12-weeks pregnant and doubts were raised if the book Pop Culture Mom would ever be released, reports contactmusic.com.

A statement from the Christian publisher Thomas Nelson confirmed that the book will be published. It said, "Lynne's memoir will provide a window into the real-life world of fame, including the toll it extracts from some who aspire to it. It will provide a much-needed corrective to a world obsessed with the wrong priorities. We believe in redemption. Therefore, we are standing with Lynne and her family during this difficult time. Though the book has been delayed, we believe God is at work."

Copyright © AHN Media Corp - All rights reserved.

Ok, look I still think the press needs to leave them alone, but I have to comment on this latest news release?

Not only did Mrs. Spears raise two irresponsible little loose and selfish idiots, who obviously

don't have a clue. She exploits them at every opportunity. She's gonna use them to sell a book. This is disgusting. And Mrs. Spear's role model has already been obviously displayed with the way Britney *cares* for her children (rolling eyes).

Dad was right..."son, let me tell you something, the truth is more-often stranger than fiction".