The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #94

Lucky

Two unexpected and two expected votes for Powderfinger. I guess I should be happy with that. :) :bow:

I do expect some others would like Bow River, but, meh, I knew it didn't stand a chance of making the top ten. :)

Oh yeah, and I'm very glad Linger and The Battle Of Evermore made it (just to make sure you all knew I hadn't ignored everyone else's nominations this week :grin: ).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two unexpected and two expected votes for Powderfinger. I guess I should be happy with that. :) :bow:

I do expect some others would like Bow River, but, meh, I knew it didn't stand a chance of making the top ten. :)

Chris, I downloaded both songs (yay for free MP3s!) and I really liked the both of them. I just loved ten others more. As a matter of fact, I had to cut a lot of songs that I loved. One of the things I enjoy about the top ten is learning about songs I'd never heard before. I've dug Cold Chisel since you first nominate Khe Sahn (which I have previously voted for, thank you very much). I anticipate getting an iTunes gift card for Christmas and am considering getting a Cold Chisel CD. What do you recommend?

Chris, I don't want you to think I didn't listen to your songs.... It ticked me off to no end thinking no one listened to mine when I asked them to! I just haven't had the chance to comment on anything yet this week... (my job is going to kill me). }:(

I really liked the Cold Chisel song, as Martin (I think) said, it's very reminiscent of good, classic rock. I'd put it into the rotation on my playlist in an instant! I don't care for Powderfinger quite as much, it just isn't my style.

Here's my dilemma... When I'm presented with all these songs I've known for years, and have to eliminate some of them to come up with 10 songs, it's very hard to include a song I've only heard a few times. I'm sure, with many listenings Bow River could become a possible Top Ten selection for me... just not the first time out.

As far as the rest of the Ten... I love it! I love "Cruel To Be Kind" not quite enough to be #1, but that's ok, you could shuffle those ten songs in any fashion and I'd still love this ten. Great songs! :)

Edited by Guest

I've dug Cold Chisel since you first nominate Khe Sahn (which I have previously voted for, thank you very much). I anticipate getting an iTunes gift card for Christmas and am considering getting a Cold Chisel CD. What do you recommend?

Oh, great! :)

Sadly, Cold Chisel aren't available on iTunes ( :( ). If you can get a CD, though, get either Chisel (Greatest Hits) or East. East is my favourite album of theirs, and it doesn't have Khe Sanh or Bow River.

I'm very happy to have gotten some more responses relating to my free mp3 offer this week. If anyone else wishes to post mp3 links sometime, please draw attention to it, and I will make sure to download them. Note that I don't normally watch any YouTube videos, because they are either too expensive to download or too slow, depending on my location. :grin:

Edited by Guest

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #94 for the week ending 23rd December 2007

1. Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe (1979)

2. Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) - Billy Joel (1977)

3. Coconut – Nilsson (1971)

4. Rain - The Beatles (1966)

5. Linger - The Cranberries (1993)

6. I Want You - Bob Dylan (1966)

7. Long As I Can See The Light - Creedence Clearwater Revival (1970)

8. Heard It In A Love Song - Marshall Tucker Band (1977)

9. Battle Of Evermore, The - Led Zeppelin (1971)

10. Just My Imagination - The Temptations (1971)

Here we go, on to Top Ten #95! :)