Rock Hall Inductess Named

musiclvr

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- The Material Girl is now a Hall of Famer.

Madonna is one of five acts who will enter the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008.

Madonna was announced as a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee on Thursday along with John Mellencamp, The Ventures, Leonard Cohen and The Dave Clark Five.

A panel of 600 industry figures selected the five acts to be inducted at the annual ceremony, to be held March 10 in New York. To be eligible, artists must have issued a first single or album at least 25 years before nomination.

Madonna Louise Ciccone signed with Sire Records in 1982 and became one of MTV's first stars two years later with "Like A Virgin." She has constantly altered her image ever since, showing staying power that few '80s stars could muster.

Indiana native Mellencamp became a voice of America's heartland with hits like "Pink Houses"; and Cohen's "Suzanne" and "Dress Rehearsal Rag" made him a folk rock icon in the late 1960s.

The Ventures defined instrumental guitar rock in the '60s with surfer anthems like "Walk Don't Run" and "Hawaii Five-O," and The Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful British invasion bands with "Glad All Over."

Congrats for John Mellencamp! :)

I think the RRHoF is horse-shittaki mushrooms, why? -because...., well because! That should be good enough for anyone. :)

But, but Madonna is great. She has a great voice. And a great style. Err, well she used to any way, I must admit, I' lost track of her around 1988 or so. But she influenced a great many female artists. Sold a shittaki mushroom load of songs. Made a shittaki mushroom load of money doing it too. She has been bold, brave and willing to take risks in order to make a statement.

So there, that's my opinion - sue me!

Yeah, whether you like her music or not, she was very important in the evolution of pop music in the 80's. She's most definitely deserving of the spot in the hall of fame. Her music is pretty mediocre whichever way you cut it, though.

Since she is very mediocre and has a lot of fans for no reason she definitely deserves a spot in the HoF (I'm serious here).

Ha, yeah, well I can probably count on one hand all the Madonna songs I really like.

What people must realize is you can not compare artists who have been "inducted" in to the who-be-who-be-what-be "mock' n blow-me hall of who-cares" -There, there be some righteous artists and there, there be some "are you serious?" artists.

Don't let it get to you, let it roll. It's just a show!