Best Concert Ever

chinchu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, she did. She didn't know much about the Trans Siberian Orchestra, but she said they were great and the theatrics/lights/etc. were amazing. But she said the place went nuts when Daltry came out. They kept announcing that there was a special guest and warned people not to leave. My 18 year old niece went too and sis said she wasn't into Daltry, but sis and here friend sang and rocked out to the Who tunes.

Hot Flashes

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA Guitarist CHRIS CAFFERY On Performing With ROGER DALTREY - "I Watched 10,000 People In Shock For Three Songs"

Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 02:48:42 EST

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA guitarist Chris Caffery has checked in with the following overview of TSO East's recent shows with THE WHO's Roger Daltrey:

"Ok...we knew Daltrey was coming out to sing with us since the first week of the tour. Tough to keep this silent, but we all managed pretty well! We had secret rehearsals and soundchecks. As the weeks went by it was getting more and more exciting. The night before we were in Long Island I was sleepless like a kid on Christmas Eve. I wasn't really nervous, just excited. We arrived at our hotel in New Jersey and I just rolled around unable to sleep all night! We had to leave at about noon for Long Island. A nice long, short trip averaging 22 miles an hour. The trucks had to get to Long Island from Virginia so it took a very long time for them to arrive. Our 4:00pm soundcheck got underway at 6! Roger came in and added his expertise to our arrangements and we had to get ready for the show. He was so nice. The Les Paul had yet another signature on it!

We had a pre and post show party for NY guests tonite. I hurried to get dressed and went to greet friends and business people. Igor was in the house. Electric Dave as well. He managed to take some amazing photos. Thanks Dave! The show went great. A lot more lively than the crowd a year ago. They hated my Islanders Jersey as expected. I had forgotten my Rangers shirt at home. We needed to move quickly so I had no time for the Jersey war anyway. We finished the regular show and Paul came out to introduce Roger. People went nuts! I watched 10,000 people in shock for three songs: 'Behind Blue Eyes', 'Pinball Wizard' and 'See Me, Feel Me'. It was so frickin awesome! No one expected this at all. Afterwards we headed back to the party room and had no signing line! I was happy because I was so tired and we had about 500 guests to greet. We did not stay very long and headed back to our hotel in Jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin at the 02 Arena last December is the best concert ive ever seen.

Numerous Pearl Jam, The Stones, the Who, Bowie and Radiohead shows are my runner ups

you were there? wow, I know a "few" ( ;) ) people who would like to trade with you :)

and :rockon: for the other ones as well

Welcome to Songfacts JBNYC :thumbsup:

Sadly, I also had tickets to that tour, and for various reasons ended up quite out of it and I don't remember a thing from that show, other than asking, "is this intermission?" when the roadies were breaking down the stage.

That's the last time I ever did anything like that at a show! :blush: :doh:

Another concert then? :)

The best concert ever for me was Neil Young in Sydney, 1989. Me and my two best friends missed out on tickets and we were devastated. So we decided to go to the venue and sit outside and at least try to hear him, drink some cheap wine and feel sorry for ourselves.

So there we were sitting outside the doors, so upset at what we were missing, when about half an hour in, three very drunk women came stumbling out of the doors, yelling out that Neil Young sucked, walked up to us and just handed us their tickets! We couldn't believe our luck! It was such a great moment.

So we ran in and Neil was still doing his acoustic set, which was just amazing. His voice is even better live. Then he pluggged in and I can honestly say I've yet to see a better concert. We couldn't believe those women walked out on it, but I'm so glad they did. It was one of the best nights of my life!

I have vertigo too by the way. It's called benign inner ear something or other. It's pretty debilitating when you have an attack. When you stand up the room starts spinning around like you've drunk half a bottle of scotch. Not a good feeling. :)

• 1 month later...

My husband's been to many concerts. I asked him what his best concert was and he said either Supertramp or The Who. The Who concert has a better story though: he was in London in the early 70's with a friend from his hometown. Tickets were sold out but a guy near the door told them that he was waiting for some friends, but if they didn't show up, he would give them two tickets. They waited for 10-15 minutes, a cab pulled up and sure enough, this guys friends had arrived. Well, all this time they were waiting, my husband and his friend had been chatting with the doorman. They tell him they came all the way from Canada and they really wanted to see The Who. The doorman says, "I'm from Ontario...give me a pound each and you can come in." It was a great concert.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best for me:

Bruce Springsteen, june 23th 2008 in Antwerp. Only indoor-arena in the European stadium-leg of the Magic tour. Very intense and long concert (almost 3 hours straight) with a lot of surprises (Born to Run-outtake So Young and in Love as opener, Thunder Crack played for the first time in Europe, Point Blank and the tourpremiere of I'm a Rocker), great interaction between Bruce and the crowd and of course excellent renditions of classics like Because The Night, Badlands, Born to Run and Thunder Road. The newer songs also fit in well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My husband's been to many concerts. I asked him what his best concert was and he said either Supertramp or The Who. The Who concert has a better story though: he was in London in the early 70's with a friend from his hometown. Tickets were sold out but a guy near the door told them that he was waiting for some friends, but if they didn't show up, he would give them two tickets. They waited for 10-15 minutes, a cab pulled up and sure enough, this guys friends had arrived. Well, all this time they were waiting, my husband and his friend had been chatting with the doorman. They tell him they came all the way from Canada and they really wanted to see The Who. The doorman says, "I'm from Ontario...give me a pound each and you can come in." It was a great concert.

I have a similar story. In 1989 me and my two best friends missed out on Neil Young tickets but we went to the venue anyway in the hope of at least listening through the doors. About 20 minutes into the concert the doors opened and three women came out saying he sucked (there's no accounting for taste) and just handed us their tickets. We couldn't believe our luck and it was easily the best concert I've ever seen.

But the reason I mention it is because I think that concert may have finally been surpassed last Wednesday night, by Patti Smith at the Sydney Opera House. An absolutely electrifying concert. I don't think I've ever experienced a rush at a concert like the one I experienced when she did Gloria, and just about every other song was equally as brilliant. Just amazing.

This is easy.

Led Zeppelin

July 1973

Seattle Coliseum-Seattle, Wa.

Nuff said :D ...

The memories are "smokey & hazy" but Oh So Sweet!

I envy you. I was born too late. :(

• 4 weeks later...