Jethro Tull at the Palace

ledjam9

Besides Raffi, I would consider Jethro Tull to be my first concert. It was just two days ago and it was well worth it. I love classic rock and I'm glad Jethro Tull was around for me to experience a concert for the first time. Ian Anderson was pretty hilarious in some segments, for example; "accidentally" hurting himself with his flute or why he changed "Fat Man" to "I am a Clinically Obese Person". Now I'm pumped to see a lot more concerts in the future.

Except in many concerts there are mosh pits and if you were to see me I would not survive one. So I'm glad I wasn't beaten to death during Ian's flute solo or trampled when everyone ran to the front when Jethro Tull started playing Locomotive Breath for their encore.

Any good concerts coming around Albany in the next... year or so?

Glad you enjoyed the Tull Brendan. The Songfacts staff caught them on Saturday when they swung through Connecticut. I've seen them a few times, and this was the best I've seen them. They had a string quartet with them that produced a startling spectrum of sound, and it was much more of an orchestral feel than previous shows.

Their alternate arrangement of "Aqualung" was also a treat, along with the lesser known but highly enjoyable "Benefit."

I'd highly recommend the Jethro Tull Christmas album.

Thanx, Carl, for that recommendation. My family could use a new Christmas album to listen to when we open our presents.

And another thing to add... The dates for the end of Jethro Tull's tour are the following (according to the back of their t-shirt I bought):

December 5th - Newport News, USA

December 7th - Atlanta, USA

December 8th - Mobile, USA

December 10th - Orlando, USA

December 11th - Jacksonville, USA

December 12th - Clearwater, USA

December 14th - Fort Myers, USA