The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #91

Lucky

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is running out....

I know that you've been meaning to vote for The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Christmas Fantasy Wish List, but just haven't got around to it! Voting will be closing soon, so to make it easier for you, you can just click through from here...

The Songfactors' Choice Christmas Fantasy Wish List

Everyone is invited to PLEASE vote, whether you've nominated or not, so that the list will truly be of ALL the Songfactor's choices! :)

1)Honky Tonk Women - The Stones

2)Operator - Jim Croce

3)I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper

4)Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - The Killer

5)Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

6)Brandy - Looking Glass

7)A Country Boy Can Survive - Hank Jr.

8)Can't Get You Out Of My Head - ELO

9)Rock And Roll Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer

10)Take Me In You Arms - The Doobies

VERY hard list this time :stars: :stars:

Happy Birthday to those celebrating!!! :happybanana: :googly: =:P

1. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC (You just gotta love a great bluesy tune about fat chicks!)

2. Father And Son - Cat Stevens (My favorite from the future Yusuf Islam.)

3. Honky Tonk Women - The Stones (Classic Stones....but I NEED MORE COWBELL!)

4. Beautiful Loser - Bob Seger, et. al. (Definitely one of his best.)

5. I Can't Explain - The Who (Loses one point for rippin' off the Kinks.)

6. I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper (Actually written when he was twenty-two.)

7. Let It Ride - Bachman-Turner Overdrive (Just good, clean rock 'n' roll. Always great drum sound from this band.)

8. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Jerry Lee Lewis (The greatest piano player ever! Makes Beethoven look like an amateur.)

9. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Ian Hunter (I hate to admit it, but I actually like the remake by Great White even better.)

10. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - Electric Light Orchestra (Required listening material for those who don't live in a cave.)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

1. I Can't Explain - The Who (1965)

2. Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC (1977)

3. I'm Eighteen - Alice Cooper (1971)

4. How Bizarre - OMC (1996)

5. Steal My Sunshine - Len (1998)

6. Love Rears Its Ugly Head - Living Colour (1991)

7. Once Bitten Twice Shy - Ian Hunter (1975)

8. Father And Son - Cat Stevens (1970)

9. Rockstar - Nickelback (2005)

10. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - Electric Light Orchestra (1974)

Clearly people need to start nominating songs that I have actually heard before. :P

I still managed to leave the Stones off my list. I think their success is making the lists more boring. I won't vote for them or the Beatles anymore, unless the song is a real favourite of mine.

1. Just A Song Before I Go - Crosby, Stills and Nash (1977)

2. Father And Son - Cat Stevens (1970)

3. Honky Tonk Women - The Rolling Stones (1969)

4. Mystic Eyes - Them (1965)

5. Let Me Down Easy - Bettye Lavette (1965)

6. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - Electric Light Orchestra (1974)

7. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Jerry Lee Lewis (1957)

8. Fade To Black - Metallica (1984)

9. I Can't Explain - The Who (1965)

10. Cut Across Shorty - Rod Stewart (1970)

1. Steal My Sunshine - Len

2. Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones (I know, but I really like this song)

3. Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On - Jerry Lee Lewis

4. How Bizarre - OMC

5. I Can't Explain - The Who

6. Heaven Beside You - Alice in Chains

7. Beautiful Loser - Bob Seger

8. Share The Land - The Guess Who

9. Rock Star - Nickelback (I find this song funny)

10. Can't Get it Out of My Head - ELO

I do, but I'm afraid I'm not a big fan. The only song of theirs I know that I'd vote for is "Like A Stone".

Oh bah... I was deciding between that, this and Cochise. I like this one the most because I thought it was less 'overplayed' than the other two. So I didn't get sick of it :grin:

Sure, Levis, we KNOW Audioslave....Morello and that Soundgarden dude, right? Good nomination, good tune, but sorry, kiddo, it's just NOT on the level with at least half the songs on that list.

And I would also like to conscientiously object to the fact that some of you (not mentioning any names...CS, Jenny) would purposely omit the Beatles and/or Stones from your lists on the sole basis that they ARE the Beatles and/or Stones (or ANY artist, for that matter....not including Phil Collins, of course).

If, in your opinion, you think there are 10 better tunes on the list, then so be it; vote for your 10 favorites. But if you think said tune is one of the 10 best of the choices given, then DAMMIT, vote for it. DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!! YOU'RE ONLY CHEATING YOURSELVES!!

If you thought Ross Perot was a better candidate than George Bush, then, dammit, you should have voted for Ross Perot. Dammit, dammit, dammit! Trust me: the Presidency would have been just as boring and crooked either way.

Thank you for listening. ROCK THE VOTE! :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :jester:

Sure, Levis, we KNOW Audioslave....Morello and that Soundgarden dude, right? Good nomination, good tune, but sorry, kiddo, it's just NOT on the level with at least half the songs on that list.

'tis for ME :neener:

but dammit, dammit, dammit, Nickelback is getting more votes than them!!!

And I would also like to conscientiously object to the fact that some of you (not mentioning any names...CS, Jenny) would purposely omit the Beatles and/or Stones from your lists on the sole basis that they ARE the Beatles and/or Stones (or ANY artist, for that matter....not including Phil Collins, of course).

I do that too ;)

it's a clash of philosophies here, from what you expect from the Top Tens. For me it's a fun way to compare different styles of music and see where there are overlappings...

often seeing someone voting for one of my songs who I wouldn't expect it from, or a bit more rarely someone nominating a song that I wouldn't expect (bazooka :thumbsup: ) is much more satisfying than getting a song in the Ten - which is kinda cool too ;)

BUT, imho, it's just plain boring to nominate Beatles/Stones/CCR/S&G (or better: their big hits), because everybody likes them and everybody knows that everybody likes them ;)

because of that, the only reason I see that somebody wants to nominate such a song would be because they want to get a song into the TT... and that's not my main goal :)

of course you're entitled to a different opinion :thumbsup:

I have a pretty simple plan, I just nominate songs I like....that's about all I go by... :P

That's how I vote as well. I have bypassed a lot of classics just because I just never cared for that particular song. Or if I really, really don't like an artist like Jerry Lee. Can't stand him in anyway. He grates on my nerves.

I like some of his songs sang by other people but not him. Very doubtful I would vote for anything done by him.

Please don't yell at me for that it's just my opinion k :grin:

1. The Romantic Warrior - Return To Forever

2. Cut Across Shorty - Rod Stewart

3. Beautiful Loser - Bob Seger

4. Mystic Eyes - Them

5. He's a Rebel - The Crystals

6. Keep On Dancing - The Gentrys

7. Why Can't We Live Together ? - Timmy Thomas

8. Mockingbird - Inez and Charlie Foxx

9. The Bottle - Gil Scott-Heron

10. Father and Son - Cat Stevens

1. Can't Get It Out Of My Head - ELO