The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #91

Lucky

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't do as well as I expected when I nominated it last week, but maybe it'll do better since I'm actually turning 18 this week. :cool:

I missed voting last week, but would have surely voted for this song. Not only is it an anthem for those turning 18, but it is a great classic rock song. I was surprised how few songs by Alice made the Top Ten.

Happy 18th!

I missed voting last week, but would have surely voted for this song. Not only is it an anthem for those turning 18, but it is a great classic rock song. I was surprised how few songs by Alice made the Top Ten.

Happy 18th!

You were surprised? I was ready to cause a riot over it! Everyone should love Alice :grin: :bow: :rockon:

TIM - This is for YOU. Happy Birthday :)

Can't Get It Out Of My Head - Electric Light Orchestra

No Language In Our Lungs - XTC (audio isn't that great)

I'd never heard this song before... it's amazing. :bow: :bow: I'll put it very high on my list!

It's great to discover a song that's been out there for years and realize you really like it. Jeff Lynne is a major talent and ELO was his music lab. I saw them in Madison Square Garden back in the 70's. It was the only time I ever had front row seats at MSG. They were amazing performers. BTW, Thin Lizzy was the opening act.

They were beyond good, but the sound was different. In some ways it was better because they couldn't recreate the studio sounds live. The strings were so powerful, I just can't explain the sound. Imagine the sounds Jimmy Page made when he took a bow to his his guitar...except these guys were masters on violins, cello, etc. It wasn't a stretch to add in these instruments to a rock band. They blended it and added a power to the arena that I had never heard before. Oh yeah, it was loud too!

Thin Lizzy rocked out too.

I've seen Zep, Queen, Bowie, Clapton, Neil Young, Aerosmith, Elton and many others at MSG....ELO stands tall with the best shows.