Ask a Non-US Citizen Songfactor

Lea

Where you are or in general? Because I know quite a few people in the south of Germany who are struggling (or struggle) to find a university that wants them, even though their grades certainly aren't bad.

no, there's no Numerous Clausus in Computer Science (at least in my Uni). The really popular fields (Medicine, law, Biology etc.) do have one... :)

in the past few years they started to establish tuition fees, but since the states are responsible for education everyone has it's own rules...

I believe the average of those that have to pay them is 500€ per semester, but four or five states (out of 16), including M/V, where I live doesn't have them... yet :) :P

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah okay... though I suppose they're still choosy. :P

yes, especially in the South/South-West they are :P

Uni's how many years? (normally) 3? So that'd be... 3000... 2000 pounds. It's still a shame that tuition fees exist at all.

3 if you study for a Bachelor...

the traditional degrees in Germany are Diplom (for natural and engineering sciences) and Magister (for things we call "Geisteswissenschaften" (translation?) philosophy, theology, languages, maybe even law). They are all around 5 years... equivalent to a Bachelor+Master degree

how about Flussschifffahrtskapitänskajüte? :grin:

in German you can simply put different words together to get a new meaning ;) the above^ means "cabin of the captain of river navigation (ship)" or "Rivernavigationcaptainscabin"

it's an often mentioned example because of the three 's' and 'f' ;)

:grin:

They've awesome tanks and cars, as well . . . Oktoberfest is always enlightening (I love the pointed hats!).

The accent is pretty cool, too, and certainly the autobaun, Bavaria's castles and pastries!

Not to mention the Scorpions

Just check out the voice-box mastery by Matthias Jabs! Not to overlook Klaus Meine's extraordinary vocals. Yes, I like Germany!

The Zoo

I don't care a lot about tanks really :P

Welcome to Songfacts Fatgirl :thumbsup:

The accent is pretty cool, too, and certainly the autobaun, Bavaria's castles and pastries!

The accent? the Bavarian one? :doh: :doh:

and I have to admit that I only know one famous Bavarian castle - that Disney one in Neuschwanstein...

(yes, I'm a huge Bavaria fan as you can tell ;) )

the most famous castles are along the Rhine river btw :)