Alfred Hitchcock films

Jillianne

Watch out for these :

Strangers on A Train (1951) with Farley Granger and Robert Walker [as 'Bruno']. Based on the novel by Patricia Highsmith.

Shadow of A Doubt (1943) with Joseph Cotton [as 'Uncle Charley'] and Teresa Wright.

Rope (1948) with James Stewart, John Dall & Farley Granger. Hitchcock's first color film. An experiment in continuous takes.

Suspicion (1941) Is Cary Grant planning to kill Joan Fontaine?

Spellbound (1945) Ingrid Bergman & Gregory Peck. With a dream sequence designed by Salvador Dali.

North by Northwest (1959) with Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint & James Mason. The cropduster sequence is just brilliant art.

You might say I'm a Hitchcock fan.

Yeah its the twist that happens, it really creaped me out when the "physco" was sitting in the rocking chair

Yes! Psycho is a classic. My other favorites are Rear Window, Vertigo, and The Man Who Knew Too Much.

Alfred Hitchcock + Jimmy Stewart = pure genius!

I could talk endlessly about the master of suspense and that's what Hitchcock was. He made the audience know what was going to happen before it happened yet they were powerless to do anything to stop the impending doom.

Just like the bird's eye view in "The Birds" when the people were trapped in the restaurant watching a man getting gas get knocked over by a bird as another man unknowingly lights a cigar but burns his hand dropping the match and...the whole time seeing it from the perspective of the sea gulls that were causing the panic.

The camera angles he used at the end; the birds sitting mockingly on the telephone lines in endless perspective as the survivors slowly putter down the bleak, endless road...

Throw Momma From The Train is a gerat movie. I want to see some more Hitchcock movies though. I have only seen Birds, Psycho, and The Man Who Knew Too Much. Psycho scared the crap out of me. Bill Murray starred in a comedy called the man who knew too little, it was pretty funny.