Dear Edna,

Kevin

And Jane... I don't think it's either fate or you doing something, and nothing in between. Some things just happen, without any particular reason. And if you're in the right place at the right time, that's luck, or coincidence, or whatever you want to call it... I realise that this might offend some people, but fate doesn't explain anything in my eyes (and as I said, doesn't exist).

Edited by Guest

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's laughing ji? you gave your viewpoint, I gave mine. :confused:

I believe in logic. I don't think that's sad. It keeps me happy, so it can't possibly be sad. :)

SweetJaney, I don't think anyone is laughing. Different viewpoints make the world go round, it's what makes life interesting. I think I sort of believe in a combination of the two. Sort of a "Great Cosmic List for Lucky". As in "here are the possiblities that fate has in store.... now will she make the correct decisions to get there"?

I waited for a lifetime for fate to happen to me. Guess what, it didn't. Only when I made a concrete decision to do something about it, did I end up in a good place, one that seems Fate may have had in store for me all along.

Just my personal view. ;)

Laurie, I wouldn't dare do something like that :laughing: I went to the GG thread because he's getting in my way and changing my plans so I can't get anything done. If I took your suggestion I would'nt be getting any sleep either :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: Laurie!!!!! check us out, girl - this has happened in a while. :laughing: :laughing:

Lea, men usually always try to get in our way and change our plans so we can't get anything done... :doh: :laughing:

Mine is cooking now... but what´s the need? We´re going to a party, there will be plenty of food there... besides, what´s the need of eating constantly? I eat once a day, or when I´m hungry, or when I feel like...

Oh, wrong thread... :cool:

awww Shawna you guys should be used to me doing that kind of thing by now :grin:

Wrong name, wrong thread...

No worries, Lea! It's hysterical! Laurie and I have been morphed since the very beginning. In fact, Peaches made a pie chart out of it. It's why we share a brain. Now, why we each only have 1/8th of that brain is another story entirely. :grin:

Fate? C'mon, don't make me laugh. Fate's an excuse not to endeavor.

Exactly... Fate is an excuse to get out of doing something yourself. Things don't just 'happen'. You MAKE them happen.

Who's laughing ji? you gave your viewpoint, I gave mine.

Read up to see who is laughing. As for viewpoint, read up again, you say believing in fate is an excuse to get out of doing something for yourself. Basically saying I'm lazy or something along those lines. I call that more than a viewpoint. I believe in fate/destiny which is my opinion, but I didn't say you were wrong not to believe or laugh at the thought of believing in it, and some on here wonder why some of us don't like to voice our opinions. Because opinions, well some opinions get slammed. As I said not nice or cool! }:(

No one attacked you personally, and no one called you lazy. If you know you're not lazy and you don't use fate as an excuse to get out of doing things yourself, then that's fine. If you never thought of working in broadcasting and then one day someone happened to ask you out of the blue, and you call that fate, then I don't see how that could be called lazy if you never even thought about it. I agree with Radhi and that for some people this might just be an excuse, but I'm not saying this about you or anyone in particular.

Fate, luck, destiny, predetermination, willpower... things happen and we cannot always explain why or how. Sometimes we make them happen, or some people do, or whatever forces the situation so something is bound to happen. And others they just happen like this...

I agree with you, Joe. At least, in my case. I don´t know why things happen to me but I know that somehow I did the right or the wrong moves.

Now, I´m not talking about hurricanes, concentration camps or babies born with a disease... I believe it´s Hinduists who believe in fate so anything wrong that will happen to them should be accepted as it is and fighting "bad luck" would be a challenge to the gods thus a sin...?

another viewpoint might be that when you do a certain action, fate guided you in doing that action. Therefore, fate intervened, but you helped by doing what you were "supposed" to do.

I'm not a firm believer in any one god, but I do believe in my guiding angels, and it's abundantly clear (to me) that they are with me constantly. For example, when I was stopped at that red light, and it turned green, and for whatever reason I had a cranial flatulence and did not immediately stomp the accelerator, but instead sat there for 5 seconds, not even realizing I was doing it. And just as I removed my foot from the brake, here comes a little white truck from my left doing about 70, and blows through his red light.

Had I not spaced out for those 5 seconds, I would more than likely have been t-boned in that intersection.

Fate?

another viewpoint might be that when you do a certain action, fate guided you in doing that action. Therefore, fate intervened, but you helped by doing what you were "supposed" to do.

I'm not a firm believer in any one god, but I do believe in my guiding angels, and it's abundantly clear (to me) that they are with me constantly. For example, when I was stopped at that red light, and it turned green, and for whatever reason I had a cranial flatulence and did not immediately stomp the accelerator, but instead sat there for 5 seconds, not even realizing I was doing it. And just as I removed my foot from the brake, here comes a little white truck from my left doing about 70, and blows through his red light.

Had I not spaced out for those 5 seconds, I would more than likely have been t-boned in that intersection.

Fate?

I'm like you. I don't believe in a God, but I believ more in forces (like your guiding angels) I am a firm believer in Karma and another force that just helps you out. I still think that we have full control over our lives but when we need a of help, those forces (I'm trying to think of a better word) help us out a little.

And so I think your little incident with nearly been hit with a ton of truck is a perfect example. That wasn't fate, it was just someone saying "Hey, you know what, I'm gonna help this person out" and somehow distracted you for 5 seeconds.

That's what I think.

'Tis a good thought, indeed.

I'm one to believe the drawing of the three . . .

Every good thing comes back threefold, just as everything bad . . .

What choice one makes determines the outcome of either.

Fate? No.

Choice.

-----------------------------------------------

BTW-

Dear Edna,

I've got a dog that won't protect, a key that won't fit, a cloak which doesn't cover, a straw that is clogged and a kitchen without a sink.

Any suggestions?

-Frustrated and Wondering . . .