Dear Edna,

Kevin

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Edna,

how can you push fate in the right direction?? And where can I get more patience, I'm running out and doing crazy!! :crazy:

Trying to be patient in Ohio

Hi, dear TTBPIO...

I have the same problem... :P :P :P

I´m also unsatisfied with fate, which never follows my wishes... :thumbsdown: And patience... you said "patience"?? :shades: Please, when you find it, get some for me too... :laughing:

how can you push fate in the right direction??

Okay, a few things...

If you believe in fate (and destiny, it's the same thing), you can't push it in any direction. The true meaning of fate means you have no control over it. Fate is really a series of inevitable events.

Also, just don't believe in fate. I try not to. I would hate to think I have no control over my life.

But that's just me...

Edited by Guest
I had an awesome thought after I posted

Dear Starving

I suggest you open your mind and abandon the idea of meals altogether. If you just eat non-stop the entire day, you will never have to worry about being hungry, nor about spoiling your appetite for your next meal. As someone who currently follows this diet religiously, I can say that it has worked with fantastic results.

Sincerely,

Wade- A Follower of the Wade System for over 2 years.

There is such a thing as fate/destiny. How do you explain when you meet that special someone out of nowhere?? You bump into them on the street, or your cart hits them in the checkout line and they turn around to give you hell but then smile?? You didn't make that happen, the fates did, yes you make most of what happens in your life become real, but there is fate and it is wonderful. Believe me I'm in the middle of something fate has done to my life and loving it, I just want it to progress.

Well excuse me, I believe in fate and destiny and don't think it is an excuse to get out of doing something for yourself, glad you all get a laugh out of something someone believes in, real nice. }:(

How do you explain that I am in radio? I never went to school for it, never considered it as a job and then one day I won tickets from a radio station went to pick them up and the manager asked me if I wanted a job in radio?? I did not make that happen, it was fate, I hated the job I was at and didn't have an idea what I wanted to do with my life, and then there it was...destiny. And I can't imagine doing anything else, I love the work I do, but it was never a thought in my mind.

Guess this world is just full of people who don't believe in anything anymore, love...peace...fate...destiny...happiness...anything, only logic, which is sad.

Dear Whoever, :laughing:

Seriously, My DH's b-day is in a few days and I have no clue what to get him. If he wants something he just goes and buys it so it makes it quite hard when it comes to choosing a gift for him.

He is a man's man's kinda guy. Fishes, hunts etc. but has everything he needs for that kind of thing. We have a 68 Firebird he messes with in the summertime and last year I got him a few things for that. He's not into electronics or music really either.

I have no clue what to get him this year :crazy: Any suggestions would be fantastic.

On a Quest in the NW

Dear on a Quest,

A serious answer here. I had one of those guys myself. How about one of those big roll around tool chest thingies with the drawers? Everyone has them on sale right now, and they can be very reasonable. Even if he doesn't have enough tools to fill it up, it makes him look really cool to his friends.

Dear unclear in the midst of fuzzy edges,

I´m not Lea but it sounds like "Dear Husband"... :cool:

Your right that is what it means :) and I was going to have a nice long rant about him on the grinding gears thread till I read Joe's remark I'm still laughing :laughing: Oh the visual in my head :laughing:

Well excuse me, I believe in fate and destiny and don't think it is an excuse to get out of doing something for yourself, glad you all get a laugh out of something someone believes in, real nice. }:(

How do you explain that I am in radio? I never went to school for it, never considered it as a job and then one day I won tickets from a radio station went to pick them up and the manager asked me if I wanted a job in radio?? I did not make that happen, it was fate, I hated the job I was at and didn't have an idea what I wanted to do with my life, and then there it was...destiny. And I can't imagine doing anything else, I love the work I do, but it was never a thought in my mind.

Guess this world is just full of people who don't believe in anything anymore, love...peace...fate...destiny...happiness...anything, only logic, which is sad.

I accidentally got into radio too. :crazy:

Who's laughing ji? you gave your viewpoint, I gave mine. :confused:

I believe in logic. I don't think that's sad. It keeps me happy, so it can't possibly be sad. :)

Dear on a Quest,

A serious answer here. I had one of those guys myself. How about one of those big roll around tool chest thingies with the drawers? Everyone has them on sale right now, and they can be very reasonable. Even if he doesn't have enough tools to fill it up, it makes him look really cool to his friends.

He has one Lucky :( and all the tools that go in to.

Laurie, I wouldn't dare do something like that :laughing: I went to the GG thread because he's getting in my way and changing my plans so I can't get anything done. If I took your suggestion I would'nt be getting any sleep either :laughing: