Ladies..Here is the list of the sexiest men alive!

RonJonSurfer

Damon Takes 'Sexiest Man' Honor

Damon recently revealed it has been his longtime ambition to beat pal George Clooney.

Matt Damon has topped a new poll to be named the 'Sexiest Man Alive.'

The Bourne Ultimatum star, 37, beat Grey's Anatomy hunk Patrick Dempsey - who is nicknamed Doctor McDreamy on the hit medical series - and Blade: Trinity actor Ryan Reynolds to pole position on the annual People magazine hotlist.

The title will be a welcome accolade for Damon - he recently revealed it has been his longtime ambition to beat pal George Clooney - a frequent entrant in such surveys - to the coveted number one spot.

But married Damon, who became a first-time father earlier this year, remains coy about his win.

He tells People, "You've given an aging suburban dad the ego-boost of a lifetime."

The magazine cites Damon's "irresistible sense of humor", "rock solid family man" and "heart-melting humility" for landing him the title.

The top 10 Sexiest Men are as follows:

1. Matt Damon

2. Patrick Dempsey

3. Ryan Reynolds

4. Brad Pitt

5. James McAvoy

6. Johnny Depp

7. Dave Annable

8. Will Smith

9. Javier Bardem

10. Shamar Moore.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

1. Matt Damon - agree - I always thought he was the better-looking (and certainly more personality!) of the Damon/Affleck duo.

2. Patrick Dempsey - agree (he played such a great geek in "Can't Buy Me Love")

3. Ryan Reynolds - meh. Same ol same ol. Like a box of cheerios.

4. Brad Pitt - disagree. He gets far more credit for his looks than deserving...

5. James McAvoy - who?

6. Johnny Depp - agree - I've loved him since "21 Jump Street"

7. Dave Annable - again, who?

8. Will Smith - agree - his personality alone puts him right up near the heavens

9. Javier Bardem - who?

10. Shamar Moore. - double "who"??

They're all American.

I guess guys in the rest of the world must be just plain ugly. I know I am. The first time Mrs Fitter and I contemplated a carnal encounter, she insisted we both wear a brown paper bag over our heads. I said I understood me having to wear one, but why her? She said "Just in case yours falls off".

damn... our fine Canadian men didn't make the list again.

Why is it all of these magazine lists are called "Sexiest alive" or "Sexiest in the world" when really they're just the sexiest in hollywood? (According to the male editors of course! :laughing:)