Lennon Commercialization for Penney's Lame

RonJonSurfer

Beatles Fans Fume Over Lennon Advert Track

Fans of the Beatles are infuriated after a John Lennon track was licensed to appear in a J.C. Penney commercial

Fans of the Beatles are infuriated after a John Lennon track was licensed to appear in a commercial for a U.S. retailer.

Supporters of the group have criticised Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, for approving J.C. Penney's use of the song in its forthcoming advertising campaign - as the late star would've told the corporate world to "f**k off".

Pete Nash, chairman of the British Beatles Fan Club, says, "Obviously you can't ask Lennon himself if you can use his song, but if you could, I'm 100 per cent sure his answer would be to tell J.C. Penney to f**k off.

"I'm surprised Yoko has licensed the track for such commercial reasons, but she is the one who runs Lennon's estate, so the exploitation of his music is entirely up to her."

Lennon was shot dead outside his New York apartment in 1980.

Come on Lea, say it, why Lennon fans despise Yoko! You will feel good saying it...I know I do!! :grin:

On one hand she does good things in his memory and then she goes and does something like this, just not cool.

Do you mean go ahead and say what a heartless, cold, conniving, lack talent, bloodsucking ugly **** I think she really is? Is that what you mean Jane?? I could never do that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: