The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #89

Lucky

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aeroplane ~ Red Hot Chili Peppers (1995) Video Audio

This is based on a traditional Blues song called "Jesus Is My Aeroplane." On their Greatest Hits DVD, Red Hot Chili Peppers explain that is how they feel about music, that it takes them to a higher place.

Towards the end of the video there is a group of kids singing 'You're my Aeroplane.' Those kids are from the kindergarten class of Clara, daughter of bass player Flea. Clara is the one towards the left, singing the loudest.

My Girl ~ Madness (1979) Video Audio

My girl's mad at me

I didn't wanna see the film tonight

I found it hard to say

She thought I'd had enough of her

Why can't she see

She's lovely to me?

But I like to stay in

And watch TV on my own

Every now and then...

PS a general question to all SFers:

would you rather have that I keep posting youtube clips to the nominations, or should I put down links to mp3s (that people can download directly?)

or both? or neither? or what? :)

hey Ron - I keep forgetting what part of the country you're in! Are/were you familiar with Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes? Did you ever see them live years ago?

Southside never had the Jersey Shore clout of Bruce, but anybody into the shore scene saw Southside in Asbury Park. They never were more than a glorified bar band here, so he played very small venues. Of course, he had a few hits and "We're having a Party" is his claim to fame.

We saw him at the shore so much that I once won free tickets to see him and never used them. If we didn't see him one month, he'd be around again soon enough.

Does his fame span the country?

PS a general question to all SFers:

would you rather have that I keep posting youtube clips to the nominations, or should I put down links to mp3s (that people can download directly?)

or both? or neither? or what? :)

I prefer youtube, sometimes I can´t download audioclips.

How does one go about posting an audio only link? I have some songs I would like to nominate for which I can't find youtubage.

two possibilities:

1. go to a website that let's you search for mp3s (like www.projectplaylist.com , but there are others as well) and copy/paste the link here

2. upload the song from your computer to a hosting site.

There are hundreds, but I'd prefer one that let's you link directly to the files (as opposed to having to download them first) like http://uploadway.com

:)

Good Lord! I'm so far behind, it's unbelievable how many really, really good nominations are already up! :) This NEVER happens to me, I've always got mine at least semi-ready. Too much life getting in the way. :P

I'll have to make a final decision and get them up! ;)

Apparently I only need to think of 1. There are already 9 songs that I would put on my list.... :crazy:

Edited by Guest
this is nuts!

Happy Jack - The Who (1966)

Missed out before ! I'll give this 2 minute Masterpiece another try.

Set Me Free - The Kinks (1965)

I wonder if we could ever have a 'live' chat forum here instead of that silly 'shout box'. I see so many of my friends online, but short of sending a stack of PTs I don't get to say 'G'day'.

HI TO ALL MY FRIENDS ONLINE NOW. :) I can hear lunch calling.