The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #89

Lucky

I'm pleased to see Australian Group, The Church make it even though it's not one of my favorites of theirs. I like their early 80s stuff better.

And even though we say, Stones, Beatles again, Time Is On My Side is one of the Stones' best early offerings. A Good Ten, including 6 renominations.

When Magic was nominated back in Top Ten #66 it only got 6 points, and Stop Stop Stop got 10 in #56 ! Get Ready, Under The Milky Way, Happy Jack and King Of The Road were the other four (thanks Dappled and bluesboy). I wonder if we've ever had a Ten with so many renominations in before ?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fine son-in-law you have; lucky you! Is it the same one who digs Dylan ?

That's him ! He doesn't like Buckinham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac songs, so my daughter and I call him Fleetwood Lack.

He likes old blues men whose vocals all sound the same to us too, even though I like to listen to (and watch) some of them play slide guitar.

:)

He doesn't like Buckinham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac songs, so my daughter and I call him Fleetwood Lack.

He likes old blues men whose vocals all sound the same to us too, even though I like to listen to (and watch) some of them play slide guitar.

Darryl,

Here's a Lack number I think you might like.

Need Your Love So Bad. Blues with a sort of Pop embellishment.

This is the Mac/Lack I like as well! Great song bazooka! ;)

I'm not too thirlled with this Ten, to be honest. Of course I'm happy about the Stones (Time Is On My Side is one of the great early songs). Just two others realy grab me, Get Ready, and King of the Road. Seems like I may have nominated Get Ready the first time out. Oh well, there are lots more Tens, and lots more songs to come! :)

Yes Baz, I do like that one. :)

I don't mind the Peter Green Fleetwood Mac at all.

When I said, my son-in-law Tony likes 'old bluesmen' I meant back to the 20s and 30s, which I know many people like, or there wouldn't be shelves of CDs of them. My daughter is primarily into 80s and 90s 'Pop'.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #89 for the week ending 18th November 2007

1. Time Is On My Side - The Rolling Stones (1964)

2. Get Ready - Rare Earth (1970)

3. Set Me Free - The Kinks (1965)

4. Under The Milky Way - The Church (1988)

5. With A Little Help From My Friends - The Beatles (1967)

6. Happy Jack - The Who (1966)

7. Get Up, Stand Up - Bob Marley and The Wailers (1973)

8. Magic - Pilot (1974)

9. King Of The Road - Roger Miller (1965)

10. Stop! Stop! Stop! - The Hollies (1966)

I've got my nominations for Top Ten #90 all ready! :)

Edited by Guest