Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

Those Great Background Musicians

Emmylou Harris was mentioned in the Country thread, as a star in her own right. With her angelic voice, she's provided backing vocals for artists across the music spectrum.

Leon Russell parlayed a career as one of the most sought after session musicians in the business to a huge career, recording the #2 album in '72 (I think), and writing grammy winning and #1 hit songs not only for himself, but a multitude of others.

I love Foghorn Leghorn...just an offbeat character that cracks me up every time.

Couldn't agree more.

I liked when the little genius kid-rooster w/the coca~cola glasses made the paper airplane that shot Leghorn's down.

I say that was a funny one m'boyee . . .

LOONEYFACTS

The marquee at Stax Records said "Soulsville U.S.A.". The in-house band was Booker T. & The M.G.'s with Booker T. Jones - organ/piano, Steve Cropper - guitar, Donald 'Duck' Dunn - bass and Al Jackson - drums.

They backed up frontmen like

Otis Redding

and

Sam & Dave

and Wilson Pickett on recordings and in concert during the 1960's.

Then in the '80's Steve Cropper and Duck Dunn were part of the Blues Brothers.

The marquee at Stax Records said "Soulsville U.S.A.". The in-house band was Booker T. & The M.G.'s with Booker T. Jones - organ/piano, Steve Cropper - guitar, Donald 'Duck' Dunn - bass and Al Jackson - drums.

:bow: :bow: :bow: