If You Could be a Rock Star

MuzikTyme

Funny, how rock stars will deny age. Rolling Stones said they'd stop performing at 39. The Who swore they'd DIE before they got old. Yet, the most talented wanted to live and perform:

Jimi Hendrix

Jim Morrison

Janis Joplin

Buddy Holly

Jim Reeves

Patsy Cline

Jim Croce

Elvis

Hank Williams . . . the list is much larger than I've given. It's just a foundation of understanding the shear fact that talent needs not time but only, the time to enjoy it.

Amazing!!!

Such great feedback!

Never have I seen such devotion in the love of music conversation.

I'm ecstatic by the realm of music knowledge, as well as the interest in talking about it!

Whoo-Hoo!

Just think; you're at a music site and won't respond to the most profound question!

The thread title;;;

What happened to SongFacts?

It's okay, know why?

Muziktyme . . . is

Back! ! !~

And, don't any of y'all forget it.

Know why?

Because I'll eat you quick, without you even knowing I was there . . .

I never wished I was a rock and roll star nor a star nor famous. I grew up among famous people and I´ve been friends with famous people for almost all my life. And no, I don´t have that strenght to face fans, press, etc., I don´t like it when people look at you in the streets, you can´t even go to a beach, buy cigarettes, shop for food... I want to go to sleep early at nights. I hate to go out every night. Being a rock star implies all your friends and people around you are stars too and maybe it s fun for them but not for me.

Now, I wouldn´t mind to have their money.

I have always dreamed about what it would be like to be a rock star. I have zero music talent so that was never an option. When thinking or dreaming about being a rock star,I often wondered what kind I would rather be. Meaning,would I want to be a lead singer with that mic in my hand,wailing away while my band played behind me. Or would I rather be a singer/songwriter with a guitar in my hands. If I chose to be the lead singer with that mic in my hand,the one who comes to mind is Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. I like his presence on stage. I liked him during his wacked out years during the 70's and when he came back clean in the 80's. I just have always like how he performed on stage.If I were to be a singer/song writer with my guitar in my hands,singing about what troubles me about the world,I would chose Bruce Springsteen or John Mellencamp. I think I would choose Mellencamp because I like his music better but I like the idea of singing and playing songs I wrote and maybe influencing things or maybe changing a life just by my music. It's a very tough choice. Today I feel more like I would want to be Mellencamp. Tomorrow is Saturday,so maybe I would choose Tyler. Hey,it's my dream.

Ah Muzik! Give us a chance Darlin'! ;)

I've never dreamed about being a Rock Star, believe it or not. Again, zero talent here, and my personality is such that the life of a Star doesn't hold much appeal for me. I would however, have loved to be a songwriter. To be able to put feelings and emotions into words, and express them in such a way that they are remembered for a lifetime, or longer. To me that would be the ultimate. You mentioned the Rolling Stones and the Who as examples. At some point they will be too old to perform, and (good lord!) I hate to say it, but in time their "Star" status will fade a bit (just a bit). But songs like My Generation and Satisfaction will live forever, and in 50 years there will be some kid that hears one of them, and he'll get all excited, telling any and everyone he knows about the "really cool old song" he just discovered, and by association, even more "old stuff", and the Rock Stars that made them famous.

I do that now with old Blues classics, shoot, we have all done it, haven't we?

Just think; you're at a music site and won't respond to the most profound question!

well, I think profound is a relative term ;)

I, myself, wouldn't want to be a Rockstar at all, and if then I would try to stay as close to myself as possible (which is probably very hard, hence statement #1)

:)

I had to come back. That response doesn't really answer your question at all does it?

If I had the chance to be a Rock Star, I'd pick Keith Richards. Even though I'm more a Charlie Watts than a Keith Richards, and even though I've argued long and hard on these boards that Jagger is the Ultimate Rock Star.

Richards has a talent that will stay with him until he dies. He's lived with world reknown, for a very long time, and, I think, lived just the sort of life he's wanted to, the rest of the world be damned. That's what a Rock Star does, isn't it?