classic rock vinyl oddities

Jim in Pa

Those vinyls are rarities, most of them are promo releases.

I had the complete Talking Heads in full colours, pictures, one is transparent, other changes colours as it turns, etc...

The only official blank side I know is "Johnny Winter And...", the double album´s 4th side has nothing on it.

I still have that Grand Funk album, and a friend has the Turtles album. The others mentioned so far we have heard of. I'm just curious about how many other odball vinyls of this nature were released, and may still be out there lurking in someones attick, or closet.....

Jim

I remember Alice Cooper's Muscle of Love LP coming out in '72 in a cardboard box looking something like a warehouse package.

The vinyl itself was clear with a holographic image of a muscle (bicep) which would turn into a bleeding heart as it spun around the turntable.

Pretty cool, to say the least.

You know, I guess over the years my brain cells have been systematically put out of action. Though I can remember the LP oddities, for the life of me I cannot put my finger on a single specific example. :P

All I get are the oddities of the album's themselves, of course the one we all remember, Cheech & Chongs' Big Bambu that came with the giant-size Rolling Paper! ;)

Age only makes something old. Many factors go into the term "Classic", I think, age only being one of them, and not necessarily the most important.

I think the term encompasses how well the thing represents itself within the terms that it's being looked at.

When I hear the term vintage, I think of something rare, wonderful and classic....something I would want to have, I love the word vintage.

I had The Beatles picture album Sgt Peppers but lost it in my divorce. As messy as a divorce can be, the hardest thing was dividing up the albums. I cried over that more than anything else.