Alec from Boulder, CO
wins the clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
- What famous singer had a twin brother who died at birth?
- Elvis Presley
His brother's name was Jesse.
- What song popularized the phrase "Heavy Metal"?
- "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf
The line is "Heavy Metal thunder."
- What song contains the line, "I'm a driver. I'm a winner. Things are gonna change soon, I can feel it."
- "Loser" by Beck
- What musician took a picture of The Queen of England that was used on a Canadian stamp?
- Bryan Adams
He's a fairly accomplished photographer.
- What popular band is named after a park in California?
- Linkin Park
- What song mentions "Be-Bop-a-Lula" and "What's I Say" in the first verse?
- "Walk Of Life" by Dire Straits
- What was the first rap group to guest star on <i>The Simpsons</i> ;?
- Cypress Hill
As with any question containing the words "rap" and "first," most guesses were Run-DMC.
- What famous band's bass player and drummer were married?
- Talking Heads
This was a good question. The White Stripes is wrong because Jack White is a guitarist. Fleetwood Mac is wrong because they would have to be living in Massachusetts to make this possible. Chris Frantz was the Talking Heads drummer and Tina Weymouth was the bass player. They are still married and founders of The Tom Tom Club.
- What rock star was found dead in a greenhouse?
- Kurt Cobain
- What famous band's name is the first names of 2 American Blues singers?
- Pink Floyd
Wrong answers included Alice Cooper, Pearl Jam and Van Morrison.
Tiebreaker: How many songs are on the Songfacts Ipod?
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one