Our multiple winners are:
Susan from Atlanta, Georgia
Emma from Palm Beach, Australia
Mandee from Huntington, WV
Even our tiebreaker couldn't break the tie, with Susan, Mandee and Emma all coming within 1 fish, so they will each receive a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
- Who has the best-selling greatest hits album of all time?
- The Eagles
Their album Greatest Hits 1971-1975 racked up huge sales, especially from catalogs where you got a bunch of discs for a penny when you signed up. Some of the hits on the album include "Desperado," "Already Gone" and "Tequila Sunrise."
- What singer launched a successful career by playing free shows at shopping malls?
It was great exposure for her and gave DJs something to say about her. Years later, she got a different kind of exposure when she appeared in Playboy.
- What song did Michael J. Fox play in the movie Back To The Future?
- Johnny B. Goode
He goes back in time and inspires Chuck Berry - even the duck walk. A few people got their Michael J. Fox movies mixed up and guessed Light Of Day.
- What musician released an album that opened like a school desk and contained a pair of paper panties?
- Alice Cooper
This is one of the reasons we miss albums. His 1972 School's Out album was the one.
- What famous group had an album with a 3-legged dog on the cover?
- Alice In Chains
Their self-titled 1995 album is known as Tripod. Note the Alice theme of the last 2 answers.
- What rap duo had their own Saturday morning cartoon?
- Kid 'n' Play
Kid was the one who looked like he had an eraser growing out of his head. He can now be seen on Showtime At The Apollo. Their cartoon was on in 1990, a year before the MC Hammer cartoon Hammerman. Kid 'n' Play went on to star in the Houseparty movies. Our favorite wrong answer was Tom And Jerry.
- What pop singer released an album with a title based on the year the US National Anthem was written?
- Janet Jackson
We had this up before the boob incident, but claim no responsibility for the "Wardrobe Malfunction." The album was Rhythm Nation 1814.
- What famous band used to appear on stage wearing nothing but socks?
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers
They didn't wear them on their feet.
- What musical couple appeared naked on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine in 1981?
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono
- What group released a million-selling album in the '80s with a cover containing just the name of the album and symbols representing the 3 band members?
- The Police
Those funky symbols on Ghost In The Machine represented the band members.
- Tiebreaker: How many fish are in the Songfacts aquarium?
- 4 (R.I.P. Clarence)
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one