Congratulations to Eric from Suffern, NY
He wins a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
- What musician used to be known as Romeo Blue?
- Lenny Kravitz
He wore blue contact lenses to get the look. Popular guesses were Prince, Billy Idol, and Lil' Romeo.
- What rock star was injured recently when he crashed his all-terrain vehicle?
- Ozzy Osbourne
He took a nasty spill, but is making a recovery.
- When he appeared on The Arsenio Hall Show campaigning for president, what song did Bill Clinton play on sax?
- Heartbreak Hotel
Our favorite wrong answer was "Play The Funky Music, White Boy." A lot of people thought it was "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow," which was his campaign song, but doesn't translate well to the sax.
- What famous pop singer has a best-selling children's book?
The book is called The English Roses.
- What R.E.M. song was used as the theme song for a TV show?
It was the theme song to Get A Life, starring Chris Elliot as a middle-aged paper boy. It ran on Fox from 1990-1992. Fox was a new network, and willing to try just about anything. This didn't work so well, but another show that came on around that time did - The Simpsons.
- What famous singer got her start touring with Michael Jackson as a backup singer?
- Sheryl Crow
She had big hair and got to duet with him on "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" during the Bad tour.
- What singer filmed a part for the movie Spiceworld that was edited out when he got arrested?
- Gary Glitter
The guy famous for "Rock And Roll, Part 2" got arrested for having child pornography on his computer.
- What singer is named after an African word for "Fire"?
- Chaka Khan
Popular guesses: Ashanti, Shakira, Sade, Aaliyah and Erykah Badu. It's also clear that no one remembers how to spell India Arie.
- What band took their name from a group mentioned in the movie A Clockwork Orange?
- Heaven 17
- What famous song is based on a movie about a town that is destroyed by a hurricane?
- "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
The movie was The Devil And Daniel Webster.
Good guesses include "Galveston," "My Hometown" and "Key Largo."
- Tiebreaker: How many CDs did the Songfacts staff get for Christmas?
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one