Paul from Mount Vernon. WA
wins the clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
- What famous band took their name from a Muddy Waters song?
- The Rolling Stones
The song is called "Rollin' Stone Blues."
- What popular band had 3 members with the last name "Taylor"?
- Duran Duran
None of their Taylors are related.
- What influential band is currently touring for the first time since 1992?
- The Pixies
- What famous singer wrote books that went to #1 on The New York Times fiction and nonfiction best-seller lists?
- Jimmy Buffett
- What famous group was named after a dinosaur?
- What famous Motown singer was nominated for an Oscar?
- Diana Ross
She was nominated for her role in the 1972 movie Lady Sings The Blues, where she played Billie Holiday.
- What hit from the '80s contains a sample from the TV show Star Trek?
- "What's On Your Mind" by Information Society
They sampled Spock saying "Pure Energy." There was a song called "Star Trekkin'" that was a hit in the UK in 1987, but it didn't use any samples from the show. A lot of people guessed "99 Luftballons," which mentions Captain Kirk.
- Who are the first siblings to each have their own #1 hit in the U.S.?
- Donny and Marie Osmond
Donny: "Go Away Little Girl" 1971 (Hot 100 chart)
Marie: "Paper Roses" 1973 (Country chart)
- What did Frank Sinatra say was "The most beautiful love song ever written"?
- "Something" by The Beatles
- What famous song begins with the words "Billy Ray"?
- "Son Of A Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield
- How many fish are in the Songfacts aquarium?
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one