girlcharisse from Rock Steady, CA
John from Philadelphia, PA
Both win a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
- What band has a drummer who lost an arm in a car accident?
- Def Leppard
- What rock singer recently recorded an album of standards that sold over 4 million copies?
- Rod Stewart
The album is called It Had To Be You... The Great American Songbook.
- What singer or band has the biggest-selling album in the history of Motown Records?
- Lionel Richie - Can't Slow Down
Common guesses were Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson. I think a lot of people thought Thriller was a Motown album, but it wasn't.
- Who was the first Irish-born artist inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame?
- Van Morrison
- What group was named after a sculpture in Seattle?
- What 2 famous musicians have the Detroit Tigers baseball logo tattooed on their forearm?
- Kid Rock and Eminem
- In what city did The Rolling Stones play to their biggest crowd?
500,000 fans were at a SARS benefit on July 30, 2003.
- What hit by Styx contains some lyrics in Japanese?
- "Mr. Roboto"
- What band got their name from a phrase used on the TV show CHiPs?
- Seven Mary Three
- What band was named Best New Artist of 1978 by both Rolling Stone and Creem magazines?
- The Cars
- Tiebreaker: How many times has the Songfacts staff seen Finding Nemo?
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one