Raul from Orsova, Romania
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. Run-DMC had the first Rap album certified Gold. Who had the second?
Run-DMC's debut album was certified gold by the RIAA on 12-17-1984.
Fat Boys' debut album was certified gold by the RIAA on 05-06-1985.
2. Worldwide, what is the best-selling album with a picture of a hotel on the cover?
by the Eagles
3. Johnny Cash sang lead vocals on a track by what rock group?
- Cash sang on "The Wanderer"
One Bad Pig
- Cash sang on "Man In Black"
4. What famous singer named an album after a character in a John Steinbeck novel?
The Ghost of Tom Joad
is based on a Steinbeck character.
5. What is the shortest record to chart in the Top 40 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart?
"Some Kind-A Earthquake
" by Duane Eddy.
The song is only 1:17 and it peaked at #37 in 1959.
6. What famous group had a song about falling for a meter maid while she is writing a parking ticket?
- "Lovely Rita"
7. Worldwide, what is the best-selling Canadian band with a drummer who writes most of their lyrics?
8. What Rock and Roll Hall of Famer married a woman 26 years younger, and is still married to her?
Stewart was age 62 when he married 36 year-old model, Penny Lancaster on 06-16-2007.
9. What rocker said his bandmate was his sister before revealing she was really his ex-wife?
of The White Stripes
10. In 1994, what famous band released their new album on vinyl before it was available on CD?
They released their album, Vitalogy, on vinyl first, then on CD, two weeks later.
Congratulations to Raul and thanks to all who entered this month's Mighty Songfacts Trivia Quiz.
Click on the Quiz link on any Songfacts page to enter the newest quiz.