Here are the results
Our winner of the Mighty Songfacts Trivia Quiz is:
James from Singapore
. He will receive a cool and comfortable Songfacts t-shirt.
Many entrants answered Pearl Jam or Mookie Blaylock as an answer for Question #8.
Neither are correct answers.
was once known as Mookie Blaylock
in their early years.
was named after the basketball player of the same name but did not have a Top-40 Hot 100 hit in the '90s.
For Pearl Jam
to be a correct answer, the question would have had to ask, "What band was once
named after a pro-basketball player?"
Here are the answers
1. What American TV series is named after a U2 song?
One Tree Hill
The TV series premiered in 2003 and is named after the the song of the same name from U2's 1987 album, The Joshua Tree
2. What American Idol winner's first time on an airplane was the flight to Hollywood for the show?
3. The video for what '80s hit featured Robin Williams?
"Don't Worry, Be Happy
" by Bobby McFerrin.
4. What famous actress had a child with the lead singers of both an American and British Rock band?
She had children with lead singer Chris Robinson from the U.S. band, The Black Crowes
and lead singer Matthew Bellamy from the England band, Muse
5. What band had a hit single named after a brand of women's anti-perspirant?
The song title, "Smells Like Teen Spirit", from their 1991 album Nevermind
, is a reference to the deodorant product Teen Spirit
6. What future Arnold Schwarzenegger catch phrase was popularized in a 1987 hit song?
"Hasta la vista, baby
It appeared in Jody Watley's song, "Looking For A New Love" four years before Schwarzenegger said it in the 1991 film,Terminator 2: Judgment Day
On an added note, the phrase was also used in the hit song "Wild Thing" by Tone Loc in 1988.
7. What Jimi Hendrix song did The Red Hot Chili Peppers play at Woodstock '99 while the place burned?
8. What band that had a Top-40 Hot 100 hit in the '90s was named after a basketball player?
The female pop-rock band from New York was named after the pro-basketball player Lucious Jackson.
Their song, "Naked Eye" was a #36 hit on the U.S. Hot 100 chart in 1997.
9. Who was nominated for an Album Of The Year Grammy as a member of a duo and as a solo artist in the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and '00s?
Solo artist and part of the folk-rock duo, Simon & Garfunkel.
10. What hit song from the '80s makes reference to Grandmaster Flash?
" by Blondie.
The line, "Flash is fast, Flash is cool" is a reference to Grandmaster Flash.
Congratulations to James and thanks to all who entered the quiz this month.
Check out Songfacts main page for the link to the newest quiz.