Here are the results for the quiz:
Tom from West Mifflin, PA
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable SongFacts t-shirt.
Here are some notes for a few of the questions.
had many different guesses, but many were of trios, bands or solo artists, instead of duos and/or didn't have the word "rap" in the title.
had many guesses also, but many were of groups that had one, three, or more hits on the U.S. Hot 100 chart instead of two and a few others had a year without an album release in that time period.
had a few guesses of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, since it was banned at a graduation in Alaska, but that was a high school graduation and not an 8th grade graduation, as the question asks.
Here are the answers:
1. What famous singer proposed to her boyfriend in 2005?
She proposed to her husband, motocross racer Carey Hart, by holding up a â€œWill you marry me?â€ sign on his pit board.
2. What famous lead singer has a son named Moses?
of the band, Coldplay
3. What native French speaker has had the most U.S. Hot 100 #1 hits as a solo artist?
, with four.
4. What Motown vocal group went over 40 years with no member changes?
The Four Tops
5. In the '80s, what duo's debut single had the word "rap" in the title?
The duo's first single was "Wham! Rap."
MC Miker G & Deejay Sven.
The duo's first single was "Holiday Rap."
6. Whose tour bus dumped raw sewage into a river in 2004?
Dave Matthews Band
The band wasn't on the bus, but the driver emptied their sewage into the Chicago River, hitting a tour boat below.
7. What famous singer named his daughter after Ray Charles?
His daughter Alexa Ray is named for Ray Charles.
8. What band, that had two #1 hits on the U.S. Hot 100 chart, released an album every year from 1971-1980?
"Keep On Loving You" and "Can't Fight This Feeling" were #1 hits for the band on the Hot 100 chart and they released an album every year for that ten year period.
9. What song from the '70s was re-released in the '90s after it was banned from an 8th grade graduation?
"We Are The Champions"
In 1992, 8th grade students from Sacred Heart Private School in Clifton, NJ wanted to sing it at graduation ceremonies, but their principal banned it because of Freddie Mercury's Aids-related death.
Read about it on the song's SongFact page.
10. What famous singer married her guitarist in 1982?
She married her guitarist/producer Neil Giraldo on 2/20/1982.
Congratulations to this month's winner, Tom, and thanks to all who entered our quiz this month.
The newest quiz is up and running, so check it out by visiting our main page and clicking on the Mighty SongFacts Trivia Quiz link.