Bruce from Kansas City, MO
is the winner of this month's quiz and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. Besides Madonna, what singer had at least ten U.S. #1 Hot 100 hits after 1983 and was once married to a popular actor?
She had 11 #1 hits on the U.S. Hot 100 chart and she was married to R&B singer/actor Bobby Brown from 1992-2007.
2. In what Top-20 hit from the '00s, that was written for a movie, is the title repeated over 75 times?
by John Mayer.
The song was written for the 2007 film, The Bucket List
The word say
is in the song 81 times (and that's not including the few extra times from the background vocal guy during the long ending chorus which would make it in the high 80's).
3. What popular group lost its lead singer to a drug overdose in 1986?
Best known for their 1976 hit, "The Boys Are Back In Town".
Phil Lynott died on 1/4/86 (age 34).
4. What #1 song mentions "cotton fields" in its first line?
by The Rolling Stones - "Gold coast slave ship bound for cotton fields".
5. In the U.S., what was the biggest hit from the '80s to feature a saxophone solo?
by Daryl Hall & John Oates.
There were many but Maneater
came out on top.
The hit spent a total of 4 weeks at #1 and a total of 17 weeks in the Top-40 positions on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1982.
It also peaked at #18 on the U.S. Billboard Top Tracks chart (now known as the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart) in 1982.
6. What musician who scored more than one U.S. #1 hit also had his own TV series for six seasons and starred in several famous movies.
He had two songs that peaked at #1 on the U.S. Hot 100 chart, starred on TV's Fresh Prince Of Bel Air
for six seasons between 1990-1996 and in such movies as Independence Day, Men In Black
7. What U.S. Top-10 hit from the '00s shares its four word title with a minor hit from the '90s?
"I Kissed A Girl"
spent a total of 7 weeks at #1 in the U.S. on Billboard's Hot 100 chart with her song in 2008.
only peaked at #67 in the U.S. on Billboard's Hot 100 chart with her song of the same name in 1995.
8. What '80s hit has both a Spanish word and a Swahili word in its lyrics?
"All Night Long(All Night)"
by Lionel Richie - "Fiesta
" and "Karamu
9. In the '60s, what famous singer wrote and recorded a hit song at age fifteen?
- "Uptight (Everything's Alright)"
Co-written by Stevie, the song peaked at #3 in the U.S. on Billboard's Hot 100 chart and at #1 on the R&B chart in early 1966 when Stevie was just 15 years old.
10. What is the biggest hit of the '00s with a video that is in black and white?
"Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
The catchy tune, released in 2008 peaked at #1 for 4 non-consecutive weeks on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and also at #1 in the UK (along with peaking in the Top 10 of many countries).
The song has also sold millions of downloads.
Congratulations to Bruce and thanks to all who entered the quiz this month.
The new quiz is up, so get on over to our main page and click on the link to take the next Mighty SongFacts Trivia Quiz.
SongFacts Main Page