Jeff from Austin, TX
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. On what hit song do Sting, Bono and George Michael sing on the chorus?
"Do They Know It's Christmas?"
by Band Aid
The song also included many other well-known performers.
2. What song became a hit 5 years after it was first released after it appeared on a TV show?
"At This Moment"
by Billy Vera & the Beaters became a hit when it was used on the TV show "Family Ties".
Originally released in 1981, the song only reached # 79 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.
After it was used in an episode during the 1985-1986 season of Family Ties, the single was re-issued in 1986 and became a Top-40 hit in December, 1986 (5 years after it was first released).
By January, 1987, it had become a # 1 hit on both the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart.
3. What popular band from the '00s with a Top-40 hit in the U.S. has both a color and the name of a month in its name?
4. What famous singer named himself after a food?
(born Marvin Lee Aday)
(born Derek Dick) from the 80's Band Marillion before going solo.
5. In 1966, The Beatles held the #1 spot on Billboard's US pop-album chart for the second-greatest number of weeks. What act held it for the most weeks that year?
Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass
(Total of 18 weeks in the # 1 position in 1966)
The album, "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" spent 3 weeks at # 1 in 1966. (It spent a total of 8 weeks at # 1 but 5 of those weeks were in 1965)
The album, "Going Places" spent 6 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
The album, "What Now My Love" spent 9 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
The Beatles were a close 2nd with a total of 17 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
The album, "Rubber Soul" spent 6 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
The album, "Yesterday...And Today" spent 5 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
The album, "Revolver" spent 6 weeks at # 1 in 1966.
6. What famous Canadian band has a bass player that goes by a 4-letter name?
(Jason McCaslin goes by the name "Cone")
7. What famous song is about a young couple who fall asleep at a movie?
"Wake Up Little Susie"
by The Everly Brothers
8. What hit from the '90s mentions Courtney Love in the lyrics?
"You Get What You Give"
by The New Radicals
9. What singer who had some hits in the '70s and '80s appears in a movie where his guitar gets brutally destroyed?
Stephen had a cameo role in the movie as the "Charming Guy With Guitar" and John Blutarsky (played by John Belushi) smashes his guitar in the 1978 movie "National Lampoon's Animal House".
10. What #1 hit from the '90s (in both the UK and the U.S.) shares its title with the name of a popular magazine?
Congratulations to Jeff and thanks to all who entered the quiz this month.
Go to SongFacts main page and click on the quiz link to enter the newest quiz.
You may be the first winner of 2010.