Greg from Buglerville, PA
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. What famous band released at least 5 studio albums during the '70s, '90s and '00s, but none in the '80s?
The band regrouped in 1987 (10 years after the tragic plane crash that killed 2 of their members, Ronnie Van Zant and Steve Gaines) and released a live album in 1988 from their tribute tour, but they released no studio albums in the 80's.
2. Who is the only singer to have a U.S. #1 album in the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and '00s?
She had one in 1964, two in the 70's, two in the 80's, two in the 90's, and one in 2009.
3. What hit song is titled after the site of a famous battle?
"The Battle Of New Orleans"
by Johnny Horton
Waterloo is located in Belgium and was the site of an early 19th century battle with French emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte.
New Orleans is located in Louisiana, USA and was the final major battle of the "War Of 1812".
4. What famous song is about a fire in Switzerland?
"Smoke On The Water"
by Deep Purple
The fire occurred at the Montreux Casino in Montreux, Switzerland on the shore of Lake Geneva.
5. What influential musician named himself after a building in India?
His real name is Henry Saint Clair Fredericks and he is a blues musician.
The building, Taj Mahal, is a mausoleum which was built in the 17th century in Agra, India.
6. What U.S. Rock band released a song in the '90s with a Latin phrase in the title?
with "Carpe Diem Baby." (The Latin phrase 'Carpe Diem' is translated as "seize the day").
7. What famous singer spent 8 years in a coma after collapsing on stage?
Wilson collapsed after suffering a stroke on stage at the Latin Casino in Cherry Hill, New Jersey on 9/29/75 and spent the rest of his life in nursing homes until he died on 1/21/84 at the age of 49.
8. What popular U.S. band originally started out as a duo of two guys that share the same first name?
They Might Be Giants
- John Flansburgh and John Linnell
9. What '80s Pop-rock group had an unlikely hit with a song about a soldier who is trained as a sniper in the Vietnam War?
Huey Lewis And The News
- "Walking On A Thin Line"
The song peaked at #18 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart and also #16 on the U.S. Billboard Top Tracks chart (now known as the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart) in 1984.
10. What #1 U.S. Disco hit contains very few words because the group couldn't speak English?
"Fly, Robin, Fly"
by Silver Convention (They say, 'Fly Robin Fly, Up To The Sky')
The group Silver Convention
is from Germany.
Congratulations to Greg and thanks to all who entered this month's quiz.
Be sure to take the newest quiz by clicking the quiz link on our main page.