Joseph from Morgantown, WV
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. What hit song from the late '80s mentions a U.S. amusement park, a horror movie and a controversial book?
"We Didn't Start The Fire"
by Billy Joel (1989): Disneyland, Psycho, Catcher In The Rye.
2. What popular group that formed in the '60s is still touring with four original members?
3. What #1 hit from the '00s has the name of a card game somewhere in the title?
by Lady Gaga
4. What popular singer lived with Buddhist monks for a few years in the '90s?
5. What band's first hit (era: '90s) was about the lead singer's friend?
- "Mr. Jones"
6. What #1 U.S. hit single from the '70s was released after the singer's death?
"Me And Bobby McGee"
by Janis Joplin
"Time In A Bottle"
by Jim Croce (Although the album the song was included on was released the year before his death, the song itself wasn't released as a commercial single until after his death).
7. What group that had a U.S. #1 hit in 2009 started out as a rap trio?
Black Eyed Peas
They added Fergie
to the lineup in 2001.
8. What was the best-selling album in the United States before 1976?
by Carole King
9. What song that was released in the '80s by a UK band inspired an '80s movie that used the same title?
"Pretty In Pink"
by The Psychedelic Furs
10. What song was a modest hit (not in the Top-20) in the '70s, but was used in a famous '80s movie and revived in commercials in the '00s?
"Old Time Rock & Roll"
by Bob Seger
(It only peaked at #28 on Billboard's Hot 100 chart and spent a mere total of 5 weeks in the Top 40 in 1979.
The song was featured in the Tom Cruise film, Risky Business in 1983.
It was also used in a Wendy's commercial in the 00's.
Congratulations to Joseph and thanks to all who entered this month's Mighty SongFacts Trivia Quiz.
Enter the newest quiz by clicking on the Mighty Songfacts Trivia Quiz link on our main page.