Paul from London, England
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers to the quiz
1. What #1 U.S. Hot 100 hit from the '00s features vocals from an Oscar-winning actor?
" by Kanye West features Jamie Foxx.
" by Twista features Jamie Foxx
2. Since 1980, who is the only French artist to have a Top-10 Hot 100 hit in the U.S.?
- "New Soul" peaked at #7 in 2008.
3. Who is the only artist to have two #1 singles released after he/she died?
"Hypnotize" and "Mo Money, Mo Problems" were both #1 singles released after his death on 3/9/1997.
4. What band wears orange jumpsuits on stage and has members who are each known by a number?
5. What husband and wife team with at least one #1 U.S. Hot 100 hit as performers have been married since the '70s?
Captain & Tennille
6. What '90s hit by a U.S. band has a 3-word title with each word starting with the same letter?
"Big Bang Baby
" - Stone Temple Pilots
"Bing Bang Boom
" - Highway 101
7. What Country singer and songwriter was a Rhodes Scholar in the 1950s?
8. What song with a one-word title from the '70s is titled after a Buddhist concept?
" by Steely Dan
" by Journey
9. In the '90s, what famous actor played slide guitar on a song by a popular British band?
- he played on "Fade In-Out" by Oasis.
10. What band's name was taken from a line in the 1980 movie Caddyshack
Carl Spackler (Bill Murray) describes the marijuana he is smoking as "dynamite hack" to Ty Webb (Chevy Chase).
You can watch the scene here:
Congratulations to Paul and thanks to everyone who entered this month's quiz.
Be sure to go to our main page and check out the new quiz and maybe you, too, can be wearing a genuine SongFacts t-shirt in the future.