Joseph from Morgantown, WV
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers to the quiz
1. In the U.S., The Beatles have sold more albums than any other group or artist. Who is number 2?
RIAA totals show Garth selling a total 128 million albums as of this date.
The Beatles are #1 with sales of 170 million albums as of this date.
Following close behind are:
Elvis Presley at #3 with 118.5 million sold.
Led Zeppelin at #4 with 111.5 million sold.
2. What song with a U.S. state in the title features a flute solo?
by The Mamas & The Papas
3. What song from the '00s is about a kid who has a crush on his friend's mom?
by Fountains of Wayne
4. What Spanish duo had a huge hit in the '90s?
Los Del Rio
"Macarena (bayside boys mix)"
This song spent an amazing 14 weeks in the #1 position on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart after it was remixed by the Miami production team of The Bayside Boys.
5. Besides "In A Big Country", in what U.S. '80s Top-Ten hit does the group mention their name in the lyrics?
"(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party!)"
by The Beastie Boys
"Everybody Have Fun Tonight"
by Wang Chung
"I Feel For You"
by Chaka Khan
"Stray Cat Strut"
by Stray Cats
6. What Pop singer had a hit song that was co-written by Christina Aguilera?
The song was "Miss Independent."
7. Who is the first entertainer to have the #1 album (not a soundtrack) and #1 movie at the same time in the U.S.?
Her second album, J. Lo, was released on Jan. 23, 2001 and debuted at #1 on the U.S. Billboard 200. Her film, The Wedding Planner also debuted at #1 on Jan. 26, 2001.
8. What famous drummer portrayed a different drummer in a movie?
. He played Billy Fury's drummer, J.D. Clover, in the 1973 film, That'll Be The Day
and also in the 1974 film, Stardust
. He was a member of The Singing Rebels Band in the 1985 film, Water
. This drummer performed and recorded with many great Jazz artists and played in the 1993 film, The Beverly Hillbillies
. He played A.C., Steel Dragon's drummer, in the 2001 film, Rock Star
9. What famous singer had a daughter named "Diva"?
10. What famous artist's (not group)first single was a huge hit for a group a three years later?
"Blinded By The Light" was his first single in 1973, and was a hit for Manfred Mann's Earth Band in 1976.
Congratulations to Joseph, and thanks to all who entered the quiz this month.
Slide over to our main page and click on the link to take the newest quiz.