Monica from Bluefield, WV
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers to the quiz
1. What famous band released an album in the '70s with no title, just symbols representing each band member?
- their fourth album, while unpronounceable, became known as "Led Zeppelin IV"
2. What famous singer has only three of the five senses (sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste)?
- he lost his sense of smell after a car accident.
3. What Scottish musician has sold the most albums in America as a solo artist?
- (She has sold more albums than Sheena Easton or Donovan has).
(Rod Stewart was not accepted as a correct answer. While one of his parents was from Scotland, the other was from England and Rod was born in England.)
4. What famous band has a lead singer with two "Z"s in his last name?
The Goo Goo Dolls
- Johnny Rzeznik
Taking Back Sunday
- Adam Lazzara
5. From 1955-1975, what song was a U.S. Top-40 hit for seven different artists?
"Mack The Knife"
>1956 #8 Dick Hyman Trio
>1956 #11 Richard Hayman & Jan August
>1956 #17 Lawrence Welk
>1956 #20 Louis Armstrong
>1956 #37 Billy Vaughn
>1959 #1 Bobby Darin
>1960 #27 Ella Fitzgerald
6. What famous band's bass player has a company with its own store selling their clothing?
Fall Out Boy
Pete Wentz owns Clandestine industries, which has a store in Chicago.
(Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue was not accepted as a correct answer. Although the clothing line, "Royal Underground" was co-created by Sixx and is carried by many stores, the company does not have it's own store.)
7. What song features vocals by Michael Bolton, Will Smith and Celine Dion?
"Voices That Care"
by Voices That Care
An all-star group which recorded under the same name as the song to benefit Persian Gulf War troops and their families.
The single hit Gold status and peaked at #11 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Soloists in order are:
Ralph Tresvant, Randy Travis, Celine Dion, Peter Cetera, Bobby Brown, Brenda Russell, Luther Vandross, Garth Brooks, Kathy Mattea, Nelson, Michael Bolton, Little Richard, Pointer Sisters, Will Smith and Mark Knopfler.
8. What American Rock band has four members, three of which are brothers?
Kings Of Leon
9. Who is the first singer born in the '90s to have a #1 Hot 100 hit in the U.S.?
The song, "Beautiful Girls" hit #1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart in 2007.
Sean was born in 1990.
10. What popular singer portrayed a waitress in a 1980 movie?
She was in The Blues Brothers as the waitress, Mrs. Murphy.
She played Kira, who came back as a waitress at the end of the movie and served Sonny a drink.
Congratulations to Monica and thanks to everyone who entered the quiz this month.
Be sure to go to our main page and click on the link to take the new quiz.
While you're there, click on every other link and do some song searching to maximize your enjoyment here at SongFacts!