Lance from Tucson, AZ
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a clean and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. What popular band that broke up in the mid-'80s reunited for a 2007 tour?
2. What band has written songs inspired by a horror movie, a British TV show, a Greek myth, and an ancient king?
The songs, respectively are:
"Phantom Of The Opera", "The Prisoner", "Flight Of Icarus", and "Powerslave" (The King: Osiris; The Egyptian God of life, death, and fertility)
3. What singer had a U.S. #1 hit song titled after the '80s movie she starred in?
The movie and song were "9 To 5."
The movie and song were "Who's That Girl."
4. What Rock Star married the daughter of his band's manager?
He married Sharon Arden, daughter of former Black Sabbath manager, Don Arden.
5. What popular band is named after a song by the band, Alice In Chains
6. Who is the first Russian group to have a #1 hit in the U.K.?
with "All The Things She Said" in Feb. 2003.
7. What '80s song was inspired by a gay author who moved to a new country?
"Englishman in New York"
8. What currently active band's lead singer has written several songs inspired by her sister, who died as a child?
Their singer is Amy Lee.
9. What famous Australian song is named after an area in Vietnam?
by Cold Chisel
The band is from Adelaide, Australia.
10. What song from the '00s is a rebuke of a popular Bee Gee's disco hit?
"I Don't Feel Like Dancing"
by Scissor Sisters
Congratulations to Lance and thanks to everyone who entered this month's quiz.
Visit our main page to take this month's quiz. SongFacts.com