Casey from Knoxville, TN
is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable
Here are the answers
1. In 2006, what famous singer had a baby and got divorced about two months later?
2. In the '90s, what female singer was badly injured in a tour bus accident?
3. What famous singer died the same year a movie about his life was released?
4. Name a father and daughter who each won a Grammy award as a solo artist.
Johnny Cash and Roseanne Cash
Ravi Shankar and Norah Jones
Nat "King" Cole and Natalie Cole
Royce Kendall and Jeannie Kendall was an incorrect guess because only Jeannie received a grammy as a solo artist.
5. What group's name came from a character on the Bullwinkle
The character's name was Sherman, but they misheard it as Herman.
6. What popular band is from Las Vegas and was influenced by British artists like David Bowie and Queen?
7. What is the only song by a Japanese artist to hit #1 in the U.S.?
by Kyu Sakamoto in 1963.
8. What famous song got it's title from a line John Wayne says in a movie?
"That'll Be The Day"
by Buddy Holly
9. What '70s hit song was a tribute to a dog who was owned by a pop group?
by Henry Gross was a tribute to a Golden Retriever owned by The Beach Boys.
10. What group had the biggest-selling album of 2001 in the U.S.?
Their album "Hybrid Theory" was not only the biggest selling album of 2001 but has recently been certified "Diamond" (10x platinum) in the U.S. by the RIAA.
Congratulations to Casey and thanks to everyone who entered this month's quiz.
Take the new quiz by clicking on the quiz link on our main page.