Allison from Wilmington, DE
wins a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
1) Which artist quit his musical career for a few years to raise his son, who coincidentally was born on the same day as he was?
- John Lennon
His son Sean was also born on October 9.
2) Which group was nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy after the success of their hit single, but strangely, they had already hit the US Pop charts 3 years earlier?
- Crash Test Dummies
They were nominated for the award in 1994, but in 1991, "Superman's Song" hit #56 in the US.
3) Who was the last Canadian singer or band to have a #1 Pop hit in the US?
- Daniel Powter
" Bad Day
" hit #1 in 2006 thanks to American Idol.
4) What Oscar-winning actor is the nephew of a popular female singer from the '50s? (they share the same last name)
- George Clooney
He's the nephew of Rosemary Clooney.
5) What Beatles song was inspired by a TV show theme song?
- " Taxman "
George Harrison got the idea from the Batman series.
6) What '60s band was named after a particular strain of LSD that was popular at the time?
- Blue Cheer
7) What '80s hit features the voice of a TV show host shouting his catch-word?
- " She Blinded Me With Science " by Thomas Dolby
We also accepted "Paranoimia" by The Art Of Noise
, which features a Max Headroom sample.
8) What former Rock star had a US talk radio show in 2006 but was fired after 3 months?
- David Lee Roth
He replaced Howard Stern in many markets, but didn't do so well.
9) What song from the '00s tells the story of a car accident the vocalist suffered?
- " Through The Wire " by Kanye West
10) What is the the first song ever to enter the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 pop chart at the #1 position?
- "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one