Gina from Paradise Valley, AZ
Jamie from Waupun, WI
We're giving away two T-shirts this month just because we are feeling happy that it is finally spring and we want to spread some additional sunshine.
Here are the answers
1. What Michael Jackson song became a hit again in the '00s when a Rock band covered it?
Alien Ant Farm covered it in 2001.
2. What group that formed in the '60s changed their name twice and had hit songs using all three names?
(they became Jefferson Starship and then Starship)
3. What famous singer has 2 sons with Cerebral Palsy?
4. In the '90s, an artist released a video where he blew up various symbols from his other hits, but his face didn't appear in the video. Name the artist and the song title.
George Michael - Freedom '90
He burned the leather jacket and blew up the jukebox and guitar from his "Faith" era.
5. Which artist adapted her stage name on the advice of Twisted Sister's Dee Snider?
6. Which group released a woman-titled song on each of their first seven albums, two of which became U.S. Top 40 hits?
a. Toto - 1978 - Angela
b. Hydra - 1979 - Lorraine
c. Turn Back - 1981 - Goodbye Elenore
d. Toto IV - 1982 - Rosanna (Top 40 hit)
e. Isolation - 1984 - ( 2 songs on this album) Carmen, Holyanna
f. Fahrenheit - 1986 - Lea
g. The Seventh One - 1988 - (2 songs on this album) Pamela (Top 40 hit), Anna
7. What song from the '70s provided the title for a '90s movie about a corrupt police officer?
Romeo Is Bleeding
by Tom Waits
8. What song is about a girl who wears a braided chain with a locket containing the name of the man she loves?
by The Looking Glass
Brandy wears a braided chain
Made of finest silver from the North of Spain
A locket that bears the name
Of the man that Brandy loves
9. What group that had a hit in 2004 has a lead singer named Isaac?
Their lead singer's name is Isaac Brock.
Many people answered Hanson, but Taylor is their lead singer, not Isaac.
10. Which U.S. group scored at least four U.S. Top 20 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart from their debut album, but weren't even nominated for that year's Best New Artist Grammy award?
Hootie & The Blowfish
Many artists aren't nominated for the same year's Best New Artist category for the following reasons:
The Grammy awards are held early in the year, so if an artist releases an album later in the year, they of course, can't be nominated for that year. If it's really late in the year, the next year grammy's are here before they have many hit singles hit the charts, so many times they are included in the following year's nominees, which can make a group who debuted in Oct. 1991 be nominated in the 1993 awards for Best New Artist.
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one by clicking on the link on our main page.