Stew from Rye, NY
wins a clean and comfortable Songfacts T-shirt.
Here are the answers:
1)What US state is mentioned in the title of 3 US #1 hits?
"The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia," "Midnight Train To Georgia" and "Georgia On My Mind."
California, Alabama and New York were the top guesses. This was one of the toughest questions.
2) What supermodel painted the cover of a popular album from the '90s?
- Christie Brinkley
She painted Billy Joel's River Of Dreams
3) In 2005, what singer signed with the same record label he had bitter legal battles with in the '70s?
- John Fogerty
4) What hit from the '70s has a form of martial arts in the title?
- "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
5) What Beach Boys song title is a reference to the size of an engine?
6) What hit from the '80s was inspired by a Temptations song? (their titles share a common word)
- "Love Shack" by The B-52s
It was inspired by the 1970 Temptations song "Psychedelic Shack." A great guess was "Land Of Confusion" ("Ball Of Confusion)"
7) What popular song makes reference to a David Bowie album, a member of Nirvana, and a planet from Star Wars?
- Californication by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
8) What popular song from the '60s was performed by the babysitter of the songwriters?
- "The Loco-Motion" by Little Eva
9) What '90s song contains lyrics which are just the same 3 words repeated over 100 times?
- "Around The World" by Daft Punk
10) What hit album from 2004 follows the same character throughout the songs?
- American Idiot by Green Day
Maroon 5's Songs About Jane was a popular guess, but that album came out in 2002.
Thanks to everyone who took the quiz, and be sure to take the new one